Missing documentation (DB2 V7.1 PE for Linux)

Missing documentation (DB2 V7.1 PE for Linux)

Post by Herbert Groot Jebbin » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

The file /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US/html/index.htm points to many
files that does not exists, for example if you folow the link
"DB2 Personal Edition for Linux Quick Beginnings" it points to
/usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US/html/db2i4/index.htm
but that file does not exists, where can I download a complete set
of documentation?

Greetings, Herbert

Missing documentation (DB2 V7.1 PE for Linux)

Post by Dan Scot » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi Herbert:

The DB2 Information HTML file is installed with the online help (which
is installed automatically with the DB2 Control Center), and it contains
links to all of the documents in the DB2 library even if you haven't
installed the DB2 documentation. This might be the cause of your
problem. (I'll use en_US as the language throughout this note; just
switch the code for other languages.)

So,  have you installed the product documentation using the db2setup
command? The docs aren't installed by default, so you actually have to
select them as an option using db2setup.

If you did install the docs, then perhaps db2setup ran out of disk
space. The docs take up about 93M of disk space uncompressed; and the
compressed docs take up about 30M of disk space, so make sure you have
enough space for the uncompressed docs before you install them.

If you tried to install the docs with rpm rather than db2setup, you'll
be halfway there. Unfortunately, the RPM just dumps a bunch of tar.Z
files (about 30M worth) into /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US. You then have
to uncompress these files for the links in
/usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US/html/index.htm to work.

Online versions of the docs, as well as downloadable PDF versions, are
available from
http://www-4.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v....

Dan

> Hi,

> The file /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US/html/index.htm points to many
> files that does not exists, for example if you folow the link
> "DB2 Personal Edition for Linux Quick Beginnings" it points to
> /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US/html/db2i4/index.htm
> but that file does not exists, where can I download a complete set
> of documentation?

> Greetings, Herbert

Missing documentation (DB2 V7.1 PE for Linux)

Post by Herbert Groot Jebbin » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Dan,

Many thanks for the information, so good I have a new question :-)

How do I activate the Web-based Control Center?

I have installed DB2 on a Linux server thats placed by a ISP, I
want to manage it from my Linux workstation at home.

From http://www-4.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux/

"The DB2 Control Center offers administrators an easy to use
interface for maintaining databases that can be run from any
Java-enabled Web browser."

Only I can't find a Linux download at
http://www-4.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/webcc/

Greeting, Herbert

> Hi Herbert:

> The DB2 Information HTML file is installed with the online help (which
> is installed automatically with the DB2 Control Center), and it contains
> links to all of the documents in the DB2 library even if you haven't
> installed the DB2 documentation. This might be the cause of your
> problem. (I'll use en_US as the language throughout this note; just
> switch the code for other languages.)

> So,  have you installed the product documentation using the db2setup
> command? The docs aren't installed by default, so you actually have to
> select them as an option using db2setup.

> If you did install the docs, then perhaps db2setup ran out of disk
> space. The docs take up about 93M of disk space uncompressed; and the
> compressed docs take up about 30M of disk space, so make sure you have
> enough space for the uncompressed docs before you install them.

> If you tried to install the docs with rpm rather than db2setup, you'll
> be halfway there. Unfortunately, the RPM just dumps a bunch of tar.Z
> files (about 30M worth) into /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US. You then have
> to uncompress these files for the links in
> /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US/html/index.htm to work.

> Online versions of the docs, as well as downloadable PDF versions, are
> available from
> http://www-4.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v....

> Dan

> > Hi,

> > The file /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US/html/index.htm points to many
> > files that does not exists, for example if you folow the link
> > "DB2 Personal Edition for Linux Quick Beginnings" it points to
> > /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1/doc/en_US/html/db2i4/index.htm
> > but that file does not exists, where can I download a complete set
> > of documentation?

> > Greetings, Herbert

1. Missing libdb-3.1 DB2 Linux V7.2 OS Linux Debian

Missing libdb-3.1 DB2 Linux V7.2 OS: Linux Debian

From time to time I find the message below in my db2diag.log file.
I checked for the lib and - as a matter of fact - it is not there.
I do not have any problems with my db2 installation, nor do I have the
problem
with my other db2 installations (I crosschecked, the lib is not there
either)

However, I'd like to get rid of the problem.
Has someone an idea?

Q1: Can I simply add the libdb-3.1.so to the db2 lib directory? If so, where
can I get it.
It is not completely trasnparent to me whether it is a DEBIAN or DB2 part.

Q2: What exactly is this lib needed for?

Best regards
KB

Error message
error loading module: P2608700
errno = 2
6c69 6264 622d 332e 312e 736f 3a20 6361 libdb-3.1.so: ca
6e6e 6f74 206f 7065 6e20 7368 6172 6564 nnot open shared
206f 626a 6563 7420 6669 6c65 3a20 4e6f object file: No
2073 7563 6820 6669 6c65 206f 7220 6469 such file or di
7265 6374 6f72 79 rectory

Thats how my libdir looks

libadsm.a libdb2.so.1 libdb2ccsup.so.1 libdb2jext.so libdb2psmd.so
libdb2sqlj.so libibmosse.so.1
libasnlib.a libdb2apie.so libdb2e.so.1 libdb2jwsup.so libdb2psmd.so.1
libddcs.a libmsrvs.so.1
libcapro.so.1 libdb2apie.so.1 libdb2gmf.a libdb2jwsup.so.1 libdb2qp.so
libdfcm.a
libcatcp.a libdb2ar.so libdb2jdbc.so libdb2licm.so libdb2scedu.so.1
libdpdcf.a

2. Users in NT group are unable to create System DSN to database

3. DB2 Connect PE and DB2 UDB Workgroup on Linux

4. spaces in query

5. DB2 v7.2 PE Install

6. Easy way to change size of column

7. Connecting to db2 v7.1(linux) from db2 5.2 cc(nt)

8. rootdbs size?

9. DB2 UDB PE Version 8.1 & Linux

10. DB2 UDB PE for Linux 7.2 install problems (segfaults)

11. DB2 6.1 PE won't start under Linux (RH6.1)

12. Looking for DB2/UB2 v7.2 for Linux

13. IDENTITY_VAL_LOCAL() doesn't seem to work under Linux (SuSE 8-0) db2 V7.1