10.10.10.10 unstable? or other gen'l reasons for web problems?

10.10.10.10 unstable? or other gen'l reasons for web problems?

Post by Joel Shapir » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello

I've been using the internal FMP IP address of
10.10.10.10 during development of my web component (FMP
4.1, mac, custom web publishing)  Over time, it seems
I'm losing more and more of the features that worked
initially.

Some of the things that *had* worked but now don't:
1) Can't create new records in one file because I get
error 509 (valid value required) for a field that *no
longer* has any validation requirements (I removed
validation from *all* fields in that file)
2) Can't access a whole database (search/edit/create)
because I get web companion's internal "Database not
open" message, even though the file *is* open.

I've reinstalled FMP in case something had happened to
the web companion, but that made no difference.  The
problems happen in both Netscape and IE.

What is it that I'm missing or doing wrong?

I do appreciate any thoughts or comments.

in frustration (but hopeful)...
-Joel

10.10.10.10 unstable? or other gen'l reasons for web problems?

Post by David and Carolyn Weave » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Do you regularly empty the cache in your browser? When I make a change to a
custom FMP web solution, I empty the cache before seeing whether the change
has implemented correctly. Only then do I refresh the page (not always
successful) You may also need to quit your browser and reopen it to avoid
the "database not open" message
--
David and Carolyn Weaver

> Newsgroups: comp.databases.filemaker
> Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 07:51:49 GMT
> Subject: 10.10.10.10 unstable?  or other gen'l reasons for web problems?

> Hello

> I've been using the internal FMP IP address of
> 10.10.10.10 during development of my web component (FMP
> 4.1, mac, custom web publishing)  Over time, it seems
> I'm losing more and more of the features that worked
> initially.

> Some of the things that *had* worked but now don't:
> 1) Can't create new records in one file because I get
> error 509 (valid value required) for a field that *no
> longer* has any validation requirements (I removed
> validation from *all* fields in that file)
> 2) Can't access a whole database (search/edit/create)
> because I get web companion's internal "Database not
> open" message, even though the file *is* open.

> I've reinstalled FMP in case something had happened to
> the web companion, but that made no difference.  The
> problems happen in both Netscape and IE.

> What is it that I'm missing or doing wrong?

> I do appreciate any thoughts or comments.

> in frustration (but hopeful)...
> -Joel

10.10.10.10 unstable? or other gen'l reasons for web problems?

Post by Joel Shapir » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Thank YOU!

The cache took care of the Database not open.

unfortunately, I'm still having the value validation error

-Joel

> Do you regularly empty the cache in your browser? When I make a change to a
> custom FMP web solution, I empty the cache before seeing whether the change
> has implemented correctly. Only then do I refresh the page (not always
> successful) You may also need to quit your browser and reopen it to avoid
> the "database not open" message
> --
> David and Carolyn Weaver

> > Newsgroups: comp.databases.filemaker
> > Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 07:51:49 GMT
> > Subject: 10.10.10.10 unstable?  or other gen'l reasons for web problems?

> > Hello

> > I've been using the internal FMP IP address of
> > 10.10.10.10 during development of my web component (FMP
> > 4.1, mac, custom web publishing)  Over time, it seems
> > I'm losing more and more of the features that worked
> > initially.

> > Some of the things that *had* worked but now don't:
> > 1) Can't create new records in one file because I get
> > error 509 (valid value required) for a field that *no
> > longer* has any validation requirements (I removed
> > validation from *all* fields in that file)
> > 2) Can't access a whole database (search/edit/create)
> > because I get web companion's internal "Database not
> > open" message, even though the file *is* open.

> > I've reinstalled FMP in case something had happened to
> > the web companion, but that made no difference.  The
> > problems happen in both Netscape and IE.

> > What is it that I'm missing or doing wrong?

> > I do appreciate any thoughts or comments.

> > in frustration (but hopeful)...
> > -Joel

10.10.10.10 unstable? or other gen'l reasons for web problems?

Post by Joel Shapir » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello

For a reason I don't understand, creating new web layouts -- 1 for each web
add-page -- has cleared the problem I was having wherein my browser wouldn't
let me add new records -- pulling a 509 "valid value required" error, even
after I'd cleared *all* validation requirements on all fields in the db (and
after emptying my cache and restarting my browser/cpu).

I'm glad I've got it working again.  Is this something that everyone else
knows already (need multiple web layouts)?  Or is this still funky on my
system, even though I've got a work-around?

Thanks to all who've replied to my posts!

-Joel

> > I've been using the internal FMP IP address of
> > 10.10.10.10 during development of my web component (FMP
> > 4.1, mac, custom web publishing)  Over time, it seems
> > I'm losing more and more of the features that worked
> > initially.

> As long as you're still using stuff only on your intranet,
> using 10.10.10.10 shouldn't be a problem.

> > Some of the things that *had* worked but now don't:
> > 1) Can't create new records in one file because I get
> > error 509 (valid value required) for a field that *no
> > longer* has any validation requirements (I removed
> > validation from *all* fields in that file)

> Seems very strange.  I wonder if you have a corrupt file.
> Save a copy of that file as a Clone (no records) and then
> try to enter a new record in the clone.  Does that help ?
> If it does, use the import command to import all the
> records from the original file.  Can you still add new
> records ?

> Simon.
> --
> http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk | _Microsoft_ is going to write the software
> No junk email please.          | that spies on me? I feel better already.
>                                |                         -- John D. Goulden

1. EBF's and Sybase 10.0.2.5 vs 10.0.2.7

Hi Everyone,

I am not a Sybase expert, but I bet several of you are, so you can help
me out.

Situation:

We are about to change to EBF 10.0.2.7 with mim. to no testing
on our applications.  The operations group said that the jump from
.5 to .7 is no big deal.  The applications group is in panic mode and
thinks we should go through a major system test.  After reviewing the
EBF's, I realize testing the EBF's would be diffcult because we do not
know what the underlying calls the applications are making and there are
to many stored procedures that were developed to check within a few
days.

My Sybase friends say just be aggressive and do it.  Everyone else says
no.

Question:

1. Has anyone had to back off of an EBF after it had been installed?

2. How risking is changing to 10.0.2.7 when we plan on launching a new
major application within a week.

3. Does anyone have good or bad experiences with 10.0.2.5 & 7.

Thanks for your help.

John Barberio

2. Views and More views

3. Big User's Group Mtg - Orlando 10/24 to 10/28

4. NFR error while installing SQL7

5. Urgent--Newbie, please Help!:-)--TOP 10 Plus Increments of the next TOP 10

6. Need ORACLE DBA in South Jersey - Philadelphia area. CONSULTANT

7. VB6 reports - help please

8. the difference between varchar(10) and char(10)?

9. Convert(char(10),QRCDetail.OnRentDate,10) OnRent,