FM Pro 5 and Network Installation

Post by David Cheon » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:57:06

I keep attempting to install FM on a workstation. We have FileMaker Sever 5
on one of our Servers. On the client side and in the Custom installation I
cannot get "FileMaker
Pro Networking" to show a check mark? What switch am I missing?

Thanks
--

FM Pro 5 and Network Installation

Post by kevin metcal » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:00:55

Did you select File->Sharing and move the bubble to "multi-user?"

luck,
kevin

--
Kevin Metcalf
(Carbon Ocelot)

Huh?  http://www.flactem.com/utils/rot13.html

1. Adding windows FM Pro 3/4 to Mac FM Pro 3 network

I'm the volunteer administrator of my church network (and also the
database support guy).

We have a half dozen Macs of various vintages using FM Pro 3.0 (With
the data files on a local Mac G3 server), and the church staff would
like to add a few windows PCs (on this network) to have access to the
database.

A few questions:
1) I've read that FM Pro 3 & 4 use the same file format (of course i
have to rename all my macintosh files to 8.3, right?)  So I believe I
can use windows version 3.x or 4.x to read this Mac developed/hosted FM
Pro 3 database.

2) Is there a demo/trial version of FM Pro 4.1 for windows anywhere?
(I already checked on www.filemaker.com)  I'd like to see what kind of
display issues we might have before we pay for the windows software.

3) Any leads on good place to find a good price for the software?
(CompUSA in my area has 4.1 for $199)

4) Has anyone tried trading in a mac license for a windows one?  (I
think we have more mac licenses than we need)

Thanks,
Mike Nixon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. passing value to numeric parameter from VB

3. FM Pro5 and Network Installation

4. Linked Server Four part name using odbc provider to Access95 mdb file - Syntax???

5. FM 5 pro on Win NT 4: incorrect installation, missing system components

6. DDE with SB+.

7. Running a 3 PC network with FM Pro

8. 17711-NC-Charlotte-ORACLE-SMALLTALK-SQL-P/A - Smalltalk

9. FM Pro 6.0v4 and Mac OSX Networking

10. FM Pro Network Faxing

11. FM Server 5 + remote FM Pro 5 client

12. 100% CPU utilization FM Pro 5.5v2 connecting to beefy FM server on Win2000