Custom error message in custom Web publishing

Custom error message in custom Web publishing

Post by Frank A. Brav » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 14:06:50

I have a solution that I have a custom error page for, but I can't figure
out how to make that error page produce the custom error messages that my
database has in it.

Can someone post or point me to an easy-to-follow set of instructions on
this?

Thanks in advance!

\frank

Post by Tim Boot » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 14:35:06

> I have a solution that I have a custom error page for, but I can't figure
> out how to make that error page produce the custom error messages that my
> database has in it.

> Can someone post or point me to an easy-to-follow set of instructions on
> this?

There is a command [FMP-CurrentError], use it as part of an If
statement...

So,

[FMP-If: CurrentError .eq. 401] Nor records were found matching your
search
[FMP-Else] an error of type [FMP-CurrentError] occcurred[/FMP-If]

Expand to match the error criteria listed in the Help under
Statsu[CurrentError]

Cheers

Webko

1. Custom Task Error Handling - Displaying Custom Error Message

Hi,

I'm currently working on creating a custom task in VB6.
When it comes to error handling, the recommended error
handling procedure in MSDN is to bubble up the error to
the package event sink using oPackageEvent.onError().
Hence:

--- Sample Code Starts ---

Private Sub CustomTask_Execute(ByVal pPackage As Object,
ByVal pPackageEvents As Object, ByVal pPackageLog As
Object, pTaskResult As DTS.DTSTaskExecResult)
   On Error GoTo errHandler

   ' Business logic
   openConnection(param, param)

   pTaskResult = DTSTaskExecResult_Success
   Exit Sub

errHandler:

   pTaskResult = DTSTaskExecResult_Failure
   if Err.Number=xxxx Then closeConnection

   ' Bubble errors to the package eventsink
   If Not pPackageEvents Is Nothing Then
      pPackageEvents.OnError "CustomTask_Execute method
failed", Err.Number, Err.Source, Err.Description, "",
0, "", True
   End If

   Exit Sub
End Sub

--- Sample Code Ends ---

However, I notice that when error is raised, the specific
error message (Err.Description) will not be displayed on
the DTS Designer execution status dialog box. The only
message I'll get would be "The task reported failure on
execution".

I'm not sure if I have done it correctly. Anyone knows how
to get the custom error messages displayed?

Thanks!

Philip Tan

2. import and Export

3. Encoding for a field in Custom Web Publishing, CDML

4. enum

5. custom web publishing, simultaneous requests

6. Problem using sqlda with "UPDATE ... WHERE" in SE 5

7. Custom Web Publishing and HTTPS

8. ORACLE DISTRIBUTED QUERIES, DATETIME FIELDS , NULL VALUES

9. custom web publishing and related fields [fmp-field: database.fp5::fieldname]

10. Value lists with custom web database publishing

11. Custom web publishing question #3

12. Custom Web Publishing Question

13. FileMaker Pro 5 and custom web publishing