Javascript submit method

Post by Mark Smit » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:47:35

Hello

When using html forms & FMP does FMP absolutely require a <input
type="submit" value="-NEW"> tag or can I get away with using something like
this:

<input type="button" value="-new" onClick="validate_then_submit();">

with the jscript code eventually running the document.formname.submit()
function?

Let me rephrase the question:

Is it possible to perform "add entry" actions in a FileMaker Pro database
_without_ using <input type="submit" value="-new"> ? I want to use an image
or regular button instead so I can do some javascript stuff _before_
submitting the data.

Mark

Javascript submit method

Post by Andrew McCallu » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:05:40

Hi Mark,

Try putting the validation call up in the <form> tag and making it an
onSubmit call and have the javascript return a true or false depending on
the result of the validation...

<form method="post" action="FMPro" onSubmit="return
validate_then_submit(whatever.you.are.validating)">
  <input ......>
  <input type="image" src="images/button.gif" value="-new">
</form>

Good luck...

Andrew

> Hello

> When using html forms & FMP does FMP absolutely require a <input
> type="submit" value="-NEW"> tag or can I get away with using something like
> this:

> <input type="button" value="-new" onClick="validate_then_submit();">

> with the jscript code eventually running the document.formname.submit()
> function?

> Let me rephrase the question:

> Is it possible to perform "add entry" actions in a FileMaker Pro database
> _without_ using <input type="submit" value="-new"> ? I want to use an image
> or regular button instead so I can do some javascript stuff _before_
> submitting the data.

> Mark

Javascript submit method

Post by olivie » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:55:14

Quote:> Let me rephrase the question:

> Is it possible to perform "add entry" actions in a FileMaker Pro database
> _without_ using <input type="submit" value="-new"> ? I want to use an
image
> or regular button instead so I can do some javascript stuff _before_
> submitting the data.

> Mark

You can always use
<input type="hidden" name="-new"  value="-new">
or
<input type="image" src="..." ...>

--
Olivier Miossec
--

1. Preferred method for submitting patch corrections?

Uh, you can give a diff -c on top of the existing patch, or just send a
whole new patch. The old one will be discarded.

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

2. Delphi Apollo: Lightning fast table links without SetRelation()

3. ADO find method compare with DAO findfirst method...

4. IL-Chicago//LOTUS NOTES DEVELOPER/WEB ACCESSIBLE APPLICATIONS

5. Update method and Requery method

6. : FMP4 summaries of checked box fields

7. what is the accepted method or methods to save data expressed in a

8. Prophecy listserv

9. Preliminary statistics for The Binary Sort Access Method [BSAM], a sorting method

10. Hi, I am stuck.When I submit the form, I am not sure what exactly have been submitted.

11. Submitting batches of SQL statements to Oracle via MDAC ODBC driver/ADO .Execute method? problems!