week-at-a-glance+

Post by Jess » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

a *starving* student using the computer lab to
make a "week-at-a-glance":

so far, using fmp4 and status(currentdate)
I'm able to set up seven rows.

in the header I enter any date between
year zero and year 3000 (I think there was
some upper limit problem, irrelevant).

I'm then able to calculate seven dates
and come up with month name, like october,
day, like 20th, year, like 1998, and day of
week, like "saturday".  the date entered
in the header starts the "week".

that parts easy.

1.)  how in the world can I scale  up
to 360+ "day" view?  it takes 4 fields,
year, month, day of week, day for each date
displayed.  that adds up pretty quick!

2.)  how can I connect this with some
"memo" fields for things like "super bowl on
sunday" stuff?

Thanks,

all and any input WELLCOME

-Jesse

week-at-a-glance+

Post by Jo » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> a *starving* student using the computer lab to
> make a "week-at-a-glance":

> so far, using fmp4 and status(currentdate)
> I'm able to set up seven rows.

> in the header I enter any date between
> year zero and year 3000 (I think there was
> some upper limit problem, irrelevant).

> I'm then able to calculate seven dates
> and come up with month name, like october,
> day, like 20th, year, like 1998, and day of
> week, like "saturday".  the date entered
> in the header starts the "week".

> that parts easy.

> 1.)  how in the world can I scale  up
> to 360+ "day" view?  it takes 4 fields,
> year, month, day of week, day for each date
> displayed.  that adds up pretty quick!

> 2.)  how can I connect this with some
> "memo" fields for things like "super bowl on
> sunday" stuff?

> Thanks,

> all and any input WELLCOME

> -Jesse

I might be missing the point (why else would people call brain dead) but
WHY are you breaking the date down into 4 parts? Is it just to display the
info? If that is the case, why not use 1 date field, then set it's display
values to custom, and define what you want to see (year, month, day, date)
That brings you down to one field for each date, rather than 4.
As for an easy way to do the 360+ thing, I must not understand what you
are doing, it would seem that each "day" would be a record (row? as you
called it). If you want 1 or 360, or 5,000, you can quickly replicate them
via a script (make a loop that does a new record and exits after a "key"
number is hit, play with it, you'll understand)
Again, I think I am missing the big picture of what you are doing, but I
hope I helped at least a little. Or maybe I just wasted more time at work

--
It's not my god damn planet monkey boy!
-J. Warfen

1. HELP: First Day in Week Setting and First Week in Year Help

1.
I would like to change the SQL-Server 7 configuration for
- the first day of week to Monday and NOT Sunday AND
- that the first week in a year is the first full week

I know the configuration option "SET DATEFIRST", but this is only for a
session.

I would like to change these settings ONCE for the whole SQL Server.

2.
Found something interesting:
If I want to fill a table with all weeks from 1997 to 2005 and a unique ID,
sometimes,
weeks are missing (2000-01) for example... This problem starts with 2000...
Y2K Problem?
But this problem only happens, if I set the first day of week to Sunday, if
it is set to Monday, it works!

I am confused... PLEASE HELP!

Here is the code for it:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[DBL_Dates] (
 [Number] [T_PCID] NOT NULL,
 [Week] VARCHAR(6) NOT NULL
 CONSTRAINT [PK_DBL_Dates] PRIMARY KEY ( [Number] )
) ON [PRIMARY]

SET DATEFIRST 7 -- 7 does NOT work, 1 works

BEGIN

 BEGIN

 END

also... thats why I tried with DAY
END

2. System Builder/Universe Basic Programmer

3. Calculating week and year according to ISO 8601 - week.txt (0/1)

4. Latest Release of Informix 4GL & SE

5. Datepart week <> Calendar week

6. Killer Paradox web site comming soon to a URL near you!

7. Calculate week number if week 1 does not start on Jan-1

8. Faulty BEGIN COMMIT on Informix 4.1

9. Week : howto find the date of the first day of a week#

10. Observing Huge Non disk Logical I/O in Glance (small table huge degradation)

11. Atlantic OTC - April 25, 26: Schedule at a Glance

12. Monitoring disc usage of a database at a glance

13. "at a glance" book