Elementary school needs FM3/windows...

Post by Bart Windr » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Our elementary school council needs a copy of FileMaker 3. We put on a
fundraiser twice per year which is managed via database. The original
database is from Macintosh FileMaker 3x...

We are looking for an inexpensive solution rather than exporting and
rebuilding the database, its forms, repeating fields, etc.

So if you have some old FM disks you no longer need, please consider them sold!

Bart Windrum
Boulder Community School of Integrated Studies
303 499 8120
1 888 499 8120

Post by Lynn All » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Our elementary school council needs a copy of FileMaker 3. We put on a
> fundraiser twice per year which is managed via database. The original
> database is from Macintosh FileMaker 3x...

> We are looking for an inexpensive solution rather than exporting and
> rebuilding the database, its forms, repeating fields, etc.

> So if you have some old FM disks you no longer need, please consider them
> sold!

If you don't get an offer, try ebay.

--

Allen & Allen Semiotics                          Web & Graphic Design
Long Beach CA USA               Filemaker Pro Consulting - Member CSA

Elementary school needs FM3/windows...

Post by Mike W. Per » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

You might also look for someone with a legit early copy of Filemaker (2.1
or earlier). Rumors say that sometime this month Filemaker will offer free
upgrades to version 3 (just a CD-ROM) for all owners of earlier versions.

This seems to be becoming a standard practice (Intuit did it with Quicken
to their great credit) to avoid any legal troubles over Y2K. CD-ROMs
aren't that expensive and the newer version could inspire some people to
upgrade to 4.1 or the coming 5.0.

If you do get 3.0, be sure to download the Y2K patches from www.filemaker.com.

--MP

Quote:>> Our elementary school council needs a copy of FileMaker 3. We put on a
>> fundraiser twice per year which is managed via database. The original
>> database is from Macintosh FileMaker 3x...

Elementary school needs FM3/windows...

Post by Erro » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

The Ministry (Department) of Education in Ontario has a license to distribute
FMP to all teachers.  All of its reportcards are on FMP.  Check to see if your
department or Board of education has a similar setup.  Then you will get FMP
for free.

errol

> > Our elementary school council needs a copy of FileMaker 3. We put on a
> > fundraiser twice per year which is managed via database. The original
> > database is from Macintosh FileMaker 3x...

> > We are looking for an inexpensive solution rather than exporting and
> > rebuilding the database, its forms, repeating fields, etc.

> > So if you have some old FM disks you no longer need, please consider them
> > sold!

> If you don't get an offer, try ebay.

> --

> Allen & Allen Semiotics                          Web & Graphic Design
> Long Beach CA USA               Filemaker Pro Consulting - Member CSA
> 562.938.7890  fax 562.938.7891            Custom Solutions & Training

Elementary school needs FM3/windows...

Post by Dov Campbel » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I just check EBAY Auctions http://www.ebay.com and there are several
auctions going on for Filemaker Pro 3.0 for mac and PC.  Happy bidding.

Dov

Elementary school needs FM3/windows...

Post by Pamela McCal » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
Thank You so very much for this helpful tip. I did go to Ebay and
registered and BID. How
exciting... now I wait till Sept. 14th to find out if I'm the Bid winner.
I've got my finger's
crossed. If I don't win, I'll just try later or wait till Christmas and
give myself a nice big
Software gift. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Sincerely,
Pam McCall   X:-)

> Hi,

> I just check EBAY Auctions http://www.ebay.com and there are several
> auctions going on for Filemaker Pro 3.0 for mac and PC.  Happy bidding.

> Dov

  pmccall.vcf
< 1K Download

Elementary school needs FM3/windows...

Post by Paul Brunea » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Waaay off topic, but the better way is to wait until the very last, and
then bid your bid. They call it "sniping". You are much more likely to
win. Sad but true.

PB

> Hello,
> Thank You so very much for this helpful tip. I did go to Ebay and
> registered and BID. How
> exciting... now I wait till Sept. 14th to find out if I'm the Bid winner.
> I've got my finger's
> crossed. If I don't win, I'll just try later or wait till Christmas and
> give myself a nice big
> Software gift. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

> Sincerely,
> Pam McCall   X:-)

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > Hi,

> > I just check EBAY Auctions http://www.ebay.com and there are several
> > auctions going on for Filemaker Pro 3.0 for mac and PC.  Happy bidding.

> > Dov

Elementary school needs FM3/windows...

Post by Dov Campbel » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Pamela,

If you get outbid before the end of the auction you can also go back and bid
again.  But Paul is right it is best to wait until near the end of the
auction.

Also if that doesn't work I found a place that seams to sell this product
directly for $79.99 which seems kind of high for an old version, but you can
check it out at http://www.distinctivelydiff.com/shop/estore.htm

I am in no way affiliated with this store and I don't know anything about
them other than that they say they sell Filemaker Pro 3 on their web site.
I'm not sure if they're talking about MAC or PC either, but it might be
worth a try.

Good luck,

Dov

> Waaay off topic, but the better way is to wait until the very last, and
> then bid your bid. They call it "sniping". You are much more likely to
> win. Sad but true.

> PB

> > Hello,
> > Thank You so very much for this helpful tip. I did go to Ebay and
> > registered and BID. How
> > exciting... now I wait till Sept. 14th to find out if I'm the Bid
winner.
> > I've got my finger's
> > crossed. If I don't win, I'll just try later or wait till Christmas and
> > give myself a nice big
> > Software gift. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

> > Sincerely,
> > Pam McCall   X:-)

> > > Hi,

> > > I just check EBAY Auctions http://www.ebay.com and there are several
> > > auctions going on for Filemaker Pro 3.0 for mac and PC.  Happy
bidding.

> > > Dov

1. Elementary school needs FileMaker 3 for Windows

Our elementary school council needs a copy of FileMaker 3. We put on a
fundraiser twice per year which is managed via database. The original
database is from Macintosh FileMaker 3x...

We are looking for an inexpensive solution rather than exporting and
rebuilding the database, its forms, repeating fields, etc.

So if you have some old FM disks you no longer need, please consider them sold!

Bart Windrum
Boulder Community School of Integrated Studies
303 499 8120
1 888 499 8120

2. CLIPPER CODE TO ????

3. elementary school web db

4. Invalid bookmark

5. WYSIWYG FM3.0 or FM4.0 on windows 95

6. DBMS_OUTPUT

7. school project need help now

8. Microsoft SQL Server NewsGroup Structure.

9. Need A Good School In Manhattan

10. School Calendar needed, Attendance and Membership

11. high school teacher needs help

12. I need help in designing a school database Please Please help

13. School Software Needed