Totals Page Changes With Field Change

Post by John Weinshe » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:21:26

Are you using the Count() function? If so, you may be mistakenly using
Count(Field). Count() will work across relationships, or across comma
delimited lists of fields. You most likely need Summary fields. A Summary of
"Field", using Total of, will return the added values of that field  for all
records in the file.

If that answer does you no good, please reply with the field definitions of
the calculations you are using.

Quote:

> I have a layout called statistics with some fields which count the total
of
> other fields.  The fields which total are calculation fields.  When I go
> that layout, I can have the correct totals, but when I switch between
> records, the totals change, however, they are not dependent on any
> particular record.

> How do I prevent them from changing even if records change, without making
> them Global fields?

> Anyone know?

> Thanks,

> Dan K.

Totals Page Changes With Field Change

Post by PCC » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 12:39:42

My guess is that these are unstored calc fields try making them Stored. Also
you might want to take a look at the calc it sounds like this is not done
correct if the values are changing.

Michael Stout