Fm4 email plugin

Post by Karin Lin » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:41:00

Hi everybody!

Im looking for a FM4-Plugin, to handle in- and outgoing mails in my
fm4-database.

What I want to do, is selecting several customers already stored in the
database. Then Id like to write the concerning text and post an email to
every selected customer automatically.

The fields and scripts I will need, I can do on my own, I think ;-)

What Im asking for is a plugIn that works fine - and as there are so many I
just cant decide, which one to use!

Anyone any suggestions ?

thx in advance and keep smiling ;-)

karin link
____________________
interactive systems
+43-732-604231-12
http://www.is.co.at

--
Posted from lilzcvp.liwest.at [212.33.32.230]

Fm4 email plugin

Post by John Weinshe » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:10:18

Karin,

From your description, I doubt you need a plugin-- I believe Filemaker will
do everything you need using the Send Mail Script Step.
Take a look at that; if you need some help understanding how it works, get
back to the group here. If it doesn't do all you need, my personal
recommendation is
SMPit:
http://www.SMTPit.com/

--
John Weinshel
Datagrace

[...]

Post by Karin Lin » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:00:39

John,

I know the send mail script in FM4. It just doesnt work with MS Outlook (FM
and Outlook are used on a Mac), Claris emailer is well doing. But as I
heard, the development of Claris Emailer 2.0 is stopped, so sooner or later
this mailing-software wont work any more.

So I thougt on doing the whole mailing within fm. And for this I think, I
will need a plugin ...

-- mfg

karin link
____________________
interactive systems
+43-732-604231-12
http://www.is.co.at

--

Post by Richard » Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:50:19

 Claris emailer is well doing. But as I heard, the development of Claris
Emailer 2.0 is stopped, so sooner or later this mailing-software wont
work any more.

According to Judd Spencer, the creator of Emailer  (and Outlook),
version 2.03 will still work flawlessly under OS X.

Richard

1. Plugin or method to edit graphic in FM4

 Is there any way to edit a graphic in a container filed within FM4 with
simple brush , line, circle etc. tools. I need to be able to draw or paint
in FMP4 rather than export to a graphic program...edit the image...and
then reimport....

Any thoughts of how. Is there a plugin to do this...Thanks...

Arun...

2. Inet Datatype

3. FM4.1 and Email

4. Field names with spaces?

5. Who are users of dbMailer email plugin?

6. SQL1224N on v8 AIX

7. Best In/out email plugin...

8. SQL Server DAT Troubles

9. Send emails to all email addresses on my database

10. Can you use SQL to receive emails and send automated reply emails

11. XP Logon screen shows unread email...when no email exists

12. email shot to list of email address in database

13. An attempt was made to send an email when no email session has been established