win 2000 fm pro 6+ page records

Post by Thaddeus Foudra » Sun, 25 May 2003 05:32:55

hello all

I have a problem when printing records from filemaker pro.  Basically, the first page gets full page length vertical lines running down it.

This problem occurs in:  Filemaker pro 5 or 6, on windows 2000 boxes only.  I have tried this on both versions of Filemaker, on multiple different computers.  I have also tried it from multiple different
printers (HP laserjet 2100, laserjet 4).

Strangely, this only occurs on documents where a single record is 6 pages or longer.  In fact, if the document is 6 pages, the first page has vertical lines, if it is 7, the first and second pages have
vertical lines... presumably this pattern continues, I didn't waste any more paper on tests like that.

The documents that I have tried this on show up perfectly in the preview mode, so no problems there.

Anyone else encounter this problem/know of a solution other than making the records 5 pages or less?

~Thaddeus
Institute on Aging
UW-Madison

win 2000 fm pro 6+ page records

Post by Pierre Lessar » Sun, 25 May 2003 04:58:34

Are you viewing this in table view?  I am running win2000 with fmp6, created
a new db with 15 fields and spread them out over a layout 9 pages in length
and had no printing problem.  Maybe you can provide more info on your
layout.

regards,

Pierre Lessard

Quote:> hello all

> I have a problem when printing records from filemaker pro.  Basically, the

first page gets full page length vertical lines running down it.
Quote:

> This problem occurs in:  Filemaker pro 5 or 6, on windows 2000 boxes only.

I have tried this on both versions of Filemaker, on multiple different
computers.  I have also tried it from multiple different
Quote:> printers (HP laserjet 2100, laserjet 4).

> Strangely, this only occurs on documents where a single record is 6 pages

or longer.  In fact, if the document is 6 pages, the first page has vertical
lines, if it is 7, the first and second pages have
Quote:> vertical lines... presumably this pattern continues, I didn't waste any

Post by Thaddeus Foudra » Sat, 31 May 2003 06:21:54

> Are you viewing this in table view?  I am running win2000 with fmp6, created
> a new db with 15 fields and spread them out over a layout 9 pages in length
> and had no printing problem.  Maybe you can provide more info on your
> layout.

> regards,

> Pierre Lessard

We have decided to limit our database to 5 pages unless we can find a different solution.

Essentially, our layout is a single page with something like 30-40 fields, followed by 5 additional copies of the same thing.  It's the kind of document you would otherwise put onto a carbon copy paper
and fill out.  The only difference between the first and consecutive pages is a little label at the bottom.  Each page only fills about half of a standard 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.  I believe there are
a couple of calculated fields (dollar amounts, record numbers, I think).

There are some vertical lines placed in the document as spaces, although they are not the length of the whole page.

~Thaddeus

1. Adding windows FM Pro 3/4 to Mac FM Pro 3 network

I'm the volunteer administrator of my church network (and also the
database support guy).

We have a half dozen Macs of various vintages using FM Pro 3.0 (With
the data files on a local Mac G3 server), and the church staff would
like to add a few windows PCs (on this network) to have access to the
database.

A few questions:
1) I've read that FM Pro 3 & 4 use the same file format (of course i
have to rename all my macintosh files to 8.3, right?)  So I believe I
can use windows version 3.x or 4.x to read this Mac developed/hosted FM
Pro 3 database.

2) Is there a demo/trial version of FM Pro 4.1 for windows anywhere?
(I already checked on www.filemaker.com)  I'd like to see what kind of
display issues we might have before we pay for the windows software.

3) Any leads on good place to find a good price for the software?
(CompUSA in my area has 4.1 for $199)

4) Has anyone tried trading in a mac license for a windows one?  (I
think we have more mac licenses than we need)

Thanks,
Mike Nixon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Serve runs slow over time

3. SQL 2000 FullText Search and Win 2000 Pro

4. Pervasieve ODBC error

5. Active Server Pages and FM Pro

6. WA-Bellevue-168082--SQLSERVER-Senior SQL Server Developer -DWATHEN-Recruiter

7. A couple of FM/win 2000 terminal server questions

8. VB5

9. FM Pro 5.5 OS X Solution won't open and shuts down program

10. FM Server 3.x and Win 2000 Server?

11. FM Pro 5 on Windows 2000

12. FM 5 pro on Win NT 4: incorrect installation, missing system components

13. Outlook 2000, Win 98 and FM 4.1