Telephoning via FMP with TalkWorks/WinFax PRO

Telephoning via FMP with TalkWorks/WinFax PRO

Post by Ronn » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:57:09

Dear All,

I'm a Filemaker Pro-Beginner and tried so hard to solve this problem -
without success (also the german-fmp-forum of the filemaker-magazine
had no answers...)

What I want to do:
I want to be able to click on a Phone-Number (or a button beside) in
my FMP-Database and so getting a connection with TalkWorks (a
telephony-program within WinFax PRO) and my voice-Modem.

Is this possible?
If not, how can I phone out of Filemaker?

Maybe some important data:
PC/Win 98
FileMaker Pro 5.0Dv1
WinFax PRO 8.0/Symantec with TalkWorks
Elsa MicroLink Office Modem

Best wishes from Vienna,
Ronny

Telephoning via FMP with TalkWorks/WinFax PRO

Post by Bill Jayne » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:04:01

Don't know if this will help but, there is a script step, Dial Phone. You'll
find it in the Miscellaneous script steps when looking for it in
Scriptmaker. You can specify a field value that has a phone number. Read
about dialling preferences in online Help. On my machine, it calls Windows
phone dialer. Its only problem is that you must hang up Phone Dialer apart
from* up your phone.

--
                                     \\ | //
                                     (o o)

         www.shesmylittle.com/index.htm

> Dear All,

> I'm a Filemaker Pro-Beginner and tried so hard to solve this problem -
> without success (also the german-fmp-forum of the filemaker-magazine
> had no answers...)

> What I want to do:
> I want to be able to click on a Phone-Number (or a button beside) in
> my FMP-Database and so getting a connection with TalkWorks (a
> telephony-program within WinFax PRO) and my voice-Modem.

> Is this possible?
> If not, how can I phone out of Filemaker?

> Maybe some important data:
> PC/Win 98
> FileMaker Pro 5.0Dv1
> WinFax PRO 8.0/Symantec with TalkWorks
> Elsa MicroLink Office Modem

> Best wishes from Vienna,
> Ronny

Quote:> Dear All,

> I'm a Filemaker Pro-Beginner and tried so hard to solve this problem -
> without success (also the german-fmp-forum of the filemaker-magazine
> had no answers...)

> What I want to do:
> I want to be able to click on a Phone-Number (or a button beside) in
> my FMP-Database and so getting a connection with TalkWorks (a
> telephony-program within WinFax PRO) and my voice-Modem.

> Is this possible?
> If not, how can I phone out of Filemaker?

> Maybe some important data:
> PC/Win 98
> FileMaker Pro 5.0Dv1
> WinFax PRO 8.0/Symantec with TalkWorks
> Elsa MicroLink Office Modem

> Best wishes from Vienna,
> Ronny

1. FM Pro, OE5, Outlook, WinFax Pro

Hi!

I'm not aware of any defacto standard, although I agree that it would be great
to have many programs be able to read from and write to a common database.  The
problem seems to lie in the extremely varied possibilities of a database.  I've
designed a few FMP solutions that just use Filemaker to do all that from
Filemaker.  A contact manager can be made to send e-mail, fax, print
letterhead, etc., by using script steps and helper apps like outlook and
Winfax.  Outside of that, there's not too much I can suggest!

John McKay
RedLightRunner.com

    APPLE GEAR!
    Apple. logo T-shirts, Hats, Watches, and more!
    Order Online at: http://www.redlightrunner.com

2. Prepare for select statement

3. Help FMP Server and FMP Pro

4. SNMP MIB for PostgreSQL?

5. CDML COMMAND:[fmp-linkfirst] [fmp-linknext] [fmp-linklast] [fmp-linkprevious]

6. ESSBASE Outline Editor

7. visBas, WinFax Pro & DDE

8. ORA- 01012 when interfacing Java and C++

9. WinFax Pro

10. Paradox7-WinFax Pro V7 DDE

11. Winfax via DDE

12. Telephone from Filemaker Pro 6

13. Using DDE to negotiate with Winfax Pro.