Can I change all passwords?

Post by Clayburn W. Juniel, I » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 04:20:30

I have several (25) related files.  The all have the same passwords with
the same privileges.  Can I change all the passwords at once?

--
Clay
Warning! Opinions will change due to new information.

Can I change all passwords?

Post by CK » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 04:54:19

"Clayburn W. Juniel, III" wanted to know...

Quote:> I have several (25) related files.  The all have the same passwords with
> the same privileges.  Can I change all the passwords at once?

> --
> Clay

I just got an email regarding DialogMagic... It says, in part:

Other features in DialogMagic 5.5.0:

  - Change passwords in many files all at once

Sounds like something you might want! :)

Here's a link: http://www.newmillennium.com.

No, I have nothing to do with them. I know nothing about DialogMagic other
than what their own propaganda machine mesmerizes me with. Proceed with
caution at comfortable pace...

1. Changing password in Oracle using PASSWORD command via VB app

Hi,
I have a client who is running Oracle 8.1.7 and they want us through our
application to change the password of the user.

The ALTER command does not work b/c in there setup of Oracle it's not
allowed and we have to use the PASSWORD command.

In the books the PASSWORD command is used in SQL*PLUS.

The client tells me there are some DLLs or OCXs that can interface into
Oracle and allow me to use the PASSWORD command and change the password.

Any and all comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance for reading my question.

If this helps any...
It's a Visual Basic 6.0 application using RDO connecting via Microsoft ODBC
Oracle driver.

** Sorry for the cross posts, not sure which is the best place to post this
question.**

Pete

2. VISUAL BASIC\SOFTWARE ENGINEERS WANTED

3. MDX : Canned Report or OLAP

4. Proxy & Oracle

5. Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

6. Can I have VB front to MDB over the net?

7. canned code to get db on web quickly via perl or

8. Article Q253010

10. bcp canned app

11. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

12. Switching from inhouse to canned package.