Field Language Changes

Post by Thomas Ber » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:33:07

We're building a system to run on Japanese and English Windows (with their
matching versions of FM).  In order to get the files to open in both
languages, we take care to define all the fields as English (under "storage
options".  The files are hosted on FM Server Japanese / Win 2000 Japanese.

Now and then one of the files becomes un-openable with English Filemaker.
We open it up in Japanese, check the field definitions, and find that one of
the fields has become Japanese.  It's happened 3 times so far, each time a
different file, but always calc fields.  We reset the field to English and
everything runs smoothly, for a while...

Any ideas?