How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Claude Carlo » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 07:28:42

I have a solution with related files Fmpro5.5 Windows

In one of the files, I have patient records and around 50 different form
letters.
Each patient record has a doctor code assign to him.
When I want to print letters to patients, I select the letter and print it.

On the top of each letter it prints the Name , address etc. of the doctor
according to the doctor code assign to the patient.
This works perfectly BUT..... some doctor have ther own stationnary so I
can't print the info on the top of the page....

Is it possible to use the same layout (form letter) so it doesn't print the
top info ????
Or do I have to recreate all the fom letters and leave the top part blank
for the ones with personnal stationnary ???

Thanks

Claude

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by chri » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 08:23:08

Put an unfilled calculated container field over the letterhead copy. Set it
up so that if the Invoice Type = "letterhead" a white gif would be
displayed, otherwise the container would be blank, revealing the text
underneath.

Chris

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Bridget Ele » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 08:25:44

You will need a global radio button field called Own Letterhead (or
something like that) referencing a value list consisting of "yes" and "no".

You will also need a calc field (text result) =

If (Own Letterhead = "yes", "? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?", "" )

(where ? = return character - you may need more or less depending on the
letterhead)

Place this field at the top of the print layout, stretch it as long as
needed to accommodate the full compliment of returns,  and set it to slide
up.

--
Bridget Eley

Quote:> I have a solution with related files Fmpro5.5 Windows

> In one of the files, I have patient records and around 50 different form
> letters.
> Each patient record has a doctor code assign to him.
> When I want to print letters to patients, I select the letter and print it.

> On the top of each letter it prints the Name , address etc. of the doctor
> according to the doctor code assign to the patient.
> This works perfectly BUT..... some doctor have ther own stationnary so I
> can't print the info on the top of the page....

> Is it possible to use the same layout (form letter) so it doesn't print the
> top info ????
> Or do I have to recreate all the fom letters and leave the top part blank
> for the ones with personnal stationnary ???

> Thanks

> Claude

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Claude Carlo » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:51:49

Quote:> You will need a global radio button field called Own Letterhead (or
> something like that) referencing a value list consisting of "yes" and
"no".

> You will also need a calc field (text result) =

> If (Own Letterhead = "yes", "? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?", "" )

> (where ? = return character - you may need more or less depending on the
> letterhead)

> Place this field at the top of the print layout, stretch it as long as
> needed to accommodate the full compliment of returns,  and set it to slide
> up.

> --
> Bridget Eley

Hi Bridget!

Your solution works perfectly but, I would like to "see" the letterhead that
would be printed if I select NO.
I think it can be seen only in preview mode.....
Is it possible to see it in the data entry mode ????? I don't think so, but
maybe there is a way  ??????

Thanks
Claude

> > I have a solution with related files Fmpro5.5 Windows

> > In one of the files, I have patient records and around 50 different form
> > letters.
> > Each patient record has a doctor code assign to him.
> > When I want to print letters to patients, I select the letter and print
it.

> > On the top of each letter it prints the Name , address etc. of the
doctor
> > according to the doctor code assign to the patient.
> > This works perfectly BUT..... some doctor have ther own stationnary so I
> > can't print the info on the top of the page....

> > Is it possible to use the same layout (form letter) so it doesn't print
the
> > top info ????
> > Or do I have to recreate all the fom letters and leave the top part
blank
> > for the ones with personnal stationnary ???

> > Thanks

> > Claude

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Bridget Ele » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 14:00:07

Not quite sure what you mean by the letterhead that would be seen if you
select "no".  Is there a generic letterhead that is used for doctors who do
not have their own letterhead stationary?  If so, you could put that in a
global container field, then create a second calc (container result) =

 If (Own Letterhead = "yes", "", gGenericLetterhead )

Place it under the first calc, and set it to slide up on printing.

(If the letterhead is just text, make the calc return a text result and
reference the field that contains the information.  Place it as a merge
field on the layout).

You should be able to view this in Browse Mode providing that "no" or
nothing is selected from the Own Letterhead field.

--
Bridget Eley

>> You will need a global radio button field called Own Letterhead (or
>> something like that) referencing a value list consisting of "yes" and
> "no".

>> You will also need a calc field (text result) =

>> If (Own Letterhead = "yes", "? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?", "" )

>> (where ? = return character - you may need more or less depending on the
>> letterhead)

>> Place this field at the top of the print layout, stretch it as long as
>> needed to accommodate the full compliment of returns,  and set it to slide
>> up.

>> --
>> Bridget Eley

> Hi Bridget!

> Your solution works perfectly but, I would like to "see" the letterhead that
> would be printed if I select NO.
> I think it can be seen only in preview mode.....
> Is it possible to see it in the data entry mode ????? I don't think so, but
> maybe there is a way  ??????

> Thanks
> Claude

>>> I have a solution with related files Fmpro5.5 Windows

>>> In one of the files, I have patient records and around 50 different form
>>> letters.
>>> Each patient record has a doctor code assign to him.
>>> When I want to print letters to patients, I select the letter and print
> it.

>>> On the top of each letter it prints the Name , address etc. of the
> doctor
>>> according to the doctor code assign to the patient.
>>> This works perfectly BUT..... some doctor have ther own stationnary so I
>>> can't print the info on the top of the page....

>>> Is it possible to use the same layout (form letter) so it doesn't print
> the
>>> top info ????
>>> Or do I have to recreate all the fom letters and leave the top part
> blank
>>> for the ones with personnal stationnary ???

>>> Thanks

>>> Claude

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Claude Carlo » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:43:55

The letterhead used for those who don't have stationnary is in fact, related
info from a file containing the doctors names , adress, phone #, logo, etc.
It is linked trough a DoctorID. This ID is in each patient's record.
So if Doctor #1 sees patient Smith, then the letter sent to Mr Smith prints
the info for Doctor #1 in the letterhead.

This way, I can do a search for recalls of patients for a specific date and
get a list of patient seeing different doctors. Every patient gets a letter
with is Doctor's info on top.

Maybe the first part of your answer could work but I'll have to check it
out.

Thanks

Claude

> Not quite sure what you mean by the letterhead that would be seen if you
> select "no".  Is there a generic letterhead that is used for doctors who
do
> not have their own letterhead stationary?  If so, you could put that in a
> global container field, then create a second calc (container result) =

>  If (Own Letterhead = "yes", "", gGenericLetterhead )

> Place it under the first calc, and set it to slide up on printing.

> (If the letterhead is just text, make the calc return a text result and
> reference the field that contains the information.  Place it as a merge
> field on the layout).

> You should be able to view this in Browse Mode providing that "no" or
> nothing is selected from the Own Letterhead field.

> --
> Bridget Eley

> >> You will need a global radio button field called Own Letterhead (or
> >> something like that) referencing a value list consisting of "yes" and
> > "no".

> >> You will also need a calc field (text result) =

> >> If (Own Letterhead = "yes", "? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?", "" )

> >> (where ? = return character - you may need more or less depending on
the
> >> letterhead)

> >> Place this field at the top of the print layout, stretch it as long as
> >> needed to accommodate the full compliment of returns,  and set it to
slide
> >> up.

> >> --
> >> Bridget Eley

> > Hi Bridget!

> > Your solution works perfectly but, I would like to "see" the letterhead
that
> > would be printed if I select NO.
> > I think it can be seen only in preview mode.....
> > Is it possible to see it in the data entry mode ????? I don't think so,
but
> > maybe there is a way  ??????

> > Thanks
> > Claude

> > it.

> > doctor

> > the
> > blank

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Bridget Ele » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 04:47:27

The extra information helps a lot.  You should be able to do this with a
single calc field :

If(RelationshipName::Own Letterhead = "Yes", "????????",
RelationshipName::DrsInfo)

(where DrsInfo = a calc field (text result) in the related file in which the
Doctor's particulars are concatenated).

Then just place the calc at the top of the print layout, stretch it to
accommodate the largest possible entry, and set it to slide up.

Place the container field which contains the logo directly on the layout as
a related field.  Make the fill and border invisible.  If there is a logo,
it will show, otherwise it won't.

--
Bridget Eley

> The letterhead used for those who don't have stationnary is in fact, related
> info from a file containing the doctors names , adress, phone #, logo, etc.
> It is linked trough a DoctorID. This ID is in each patient's record.
> So if Doctor #1 sees patient Smith, then the letter sent to Mr Smith prints
> the info for Doctor #1 in the letterhead.

> This way, I can do a search for recalls of patients for a specific date and
> get a list of patient seeing different doctors. Every patient gets a letter
> with is Doctor's info on top.

> Maybe the first part of your answer could work but I'll have to check it
> out.

> Thanks

> Claude

>> Not quite sure what you mean by the letterhead that would be seen if you
>> select "no".  Is there a generic letterhead that is used for doctors who
> do
>> not have their own letterhead stationary?  If so, you could put that in a
>> global container field, then create a second calc (container result) =

>> If (Own Letterhead = "yes", "", gGenericLetterhead )

>> Place it under the first calc, and set it to slide up on printing.

>> (If the letterhead is just text, make the calc return a text result and
>> reference the field that contains the information.  Place it as a merge
>> field on the layout).

>> You should be able to view this in Browse Mode providing that "no" or
>> nothing is selected from the Own Letterhead field.

>> --
>> Bridget Eley

>>> "no".

> the

> slide

>>> Hi Bridget!

>>> Your solution works perfectly but, I would like to "see" the letterhead
> that
>>> would be printed if I select NO.
>>> I think it can be seen only in preview mode.....
>>> Is it possible to see it in the data entry mode ????? I don't think so,
> but
>>> maybe there is a way  ??????

>>> Thanks
>>> Claude

> form
> print
>>> it.

>>> doctor

> print
>>> the
>>> blank

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Claude Carlo » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 23:14:35

I Bridget !
That approach seems to be working BUT.... there always is a BUT......
That way, I'm loosing the text formating from the doctor's file.
For ex. I have the Doctor Smith m.d. in BOLD as the first line.  When using
the calc field , I loose the BOLD text formating..
Is there a way to keep the text formating ???

Thanks again

Claude

> The extra information helps a lot.  You should be able to do this with a
> single calc field :

> If(RelationshipName::Own Letterhead = "Yes", "????????",
> RelationshipName::DrsInfo)

> (where DrsInfo = a calc field (text result) in the related file in which
the
> Doctor's particulars are concatenated).

> Then just place the calc at the top of the print layout, stretch it to
> accommodate the largest possible entry, and set it to slide up.

> Place the container field which contains the logo directly on the layout
as
> a related field.  Make the fill and border invisible.  If there is a logo,
> it will show, otherwise it won't.

> --
> Bridget Eley

> > The letterhead used for those who don't have stationnary is in fact,
related
> > info from a file containing the doctors names , adress, phone #, logo,
etc.
> > It is linked trough a DoctorID. This ID is in each patient's record.
> > So if Doctor #1 sees patient Smith, then the letter sent to Mr Smith
prints
> > the info for Doctor #1 in the letterhead.

> > This way, I can do a search for recalls of patients for a specific date
and
> > get a list of patient seeing different doctors. Every patient gets a
letter
> > with is Doctor's info on top.

> > Maybe the first part of your answer could work but I'll have to check it
> > out.

> > Thanks

> > Claude

> >> Not quite sure what you mean by the letterhead that would be seen if
you
> >> select "no".  Is there a generic letterhead that is used for doctors
who
> > do
> >> not have their own letterhead stationary?  If so, you could put that in
> >> global container field, then create a second calc (container result) =

> >> If (Own Letterhead = "yes", "", gGenericLetterhead )

> >> Place it under the first calc, and set it to slide up on printing.

> >> (If the letterhead is just text, make the calc return a text result and
> >> reference the field that contains the information.  Place it as a merge
> >> field on the layout).

> >> You should be able to view this in Browse Mode providing that "no" or
> >> nothing is selected from the Own Letterhead field.

> >> --
> >> Bridget Eley

> > the

> > slide

> > that
> > but

at

> > form
> > print

> > print

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Bridget Ele » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 04:44:25

Not with an all in one calc field.  Its all bold and no bold...

but you can have as many calc fields as you want.

cLetterhead =

If(RelationshipName::Own Letterhead = "Yes", "????????", "")

cName =

If(RelationshipName::Own Letterhead = "Yes", "", "DrsName ?")

cDetails =

If(RelationshipName::Own Letterhead = "Yes", "", "DrsContactDetails ??")

Then place the fields as Merge fields on the layout:

<<cLetterhead>><<cName>><<cDetails>>

Then format individual merge fields individually (the field will take
whatever the text styling of the first chevron is).

There is no need to set merge fields to slide up, but you will still need to
make sure that the part slides up by formatting at least one object and the
part to slide up.

--
Bridget Eley

> I Bridget !
> That approach seems to be working BUT.... there always is a BUT......
> That way, I'm loosing the text formating from the doctor's file.
> For ex. I have the Doctor Smith m.d. in BOLD as the first line.  When using
> the calc field , I loose the BOLD text formating..
> Is there a way to keep the text formating ???

> Thanks again

> Claude

>> The extra information helps a lot.  You should be able to do this with a
>> single calc field :

>> If(RelationshipName::Own Letterhead = "Yes", "????????",
>> RelationshipName::DrsInfo)

>> (where DrsInfo = a calc field (text result) in the related file in which
> the
>> Doctor's particulars are concatenated).

>> Then just place the calc at the top of the print layout, stretch it to
>> accommodate the largest possible entry, and set it to slide up.

>> Place the container field which contains the logo directly on the layout
> as
>> a related field.  Make the fill and border invisible.  If there is a logo,
>> it will show, otherwise it won't.

>> --
>> Bridget Eley

>>> The letterhead used for those who don't have stationnary is in fact,
> related
>>> info from a file containing the doctors names , adress, phone #, logo,
> etc.
>>> It is linked trough a DoctorID. This ID is in each patient's record.
>>> So if Doctor #1 sees patient Smith, then the letter sent to Mr Smith
> prints
>>> the info for Doctor #1 in the letterhead.

>>> This way, I can do a search for recalls of patients for a specific date
> and
>>> get a list of patient seeing different doctors. Every patient gets a
> letter
>>> with is Doctor's info on top.

>>> Maybe the first part of your answer could work but I'll have to check it
>>> out.

>>> Thanks

>>> Claude

> you
> who
>>> do

>>> the

> as
>>> slide

> letterhead
>>> that
> so,
>>> but

> at

>>> form
>>> print

> so

>>> print

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by k.. » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 01:22:44

You don't have to "recreate" the layouts. Why not just duplicate the layouts and set the letter head to "don't print"? Then when you print a doctor letter with its own letterhead, go to the new layout.

How can I remove letterhead ??

Post by Claude Carlo » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:05:47

I know I can do that, but I have about 50 different letters so that would be
50 more layouts..
Not very practical.  I think

Thanks

Claude

Quote:> You don't have to "recreate" the layouts. Why not just duplicate the

layouts and set the letter head to "don't print"? Then when you print a
doctor letter with its own letterhead, go to the new layout.

1. REMOVE, remove, PLEASE REMOVE this idoit out of this group

Mr Jeffrey Gold_STINK:

You think that it is fun for sending the same msg 16 times to the group? =
 You think that you can get most of the attention?  Your stupid, you =
will only get negative reactions.  If you want to get response for your =
ad, try to be nice to other people.

2. Switch back to DAO????

3. MDX : Canned Report or OLAP

4. test

5. Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

6. Databases tools

7. canned code to get db on web quickly via perl or

8. informix 4.2 and pdf

10. bcp canned app

11. Wordperfect/Informix Letterhead Issue

12. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit