Freedom to Modify Page Numbering in FM?

Post by Dale Glas » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 06:31:29

Is it possible to modify the page numbering at all in FM, for example,
change the starting page number for a print out to higher than 1?

I have a spanish dictionary database which I would like to print out in
Spanish-English and English-Spanish (from different layouts) as one
document and so start the second with the appropriately higher page
numbering.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Dale

Freedom to Modify Page Numbering in FM?

Post by Paul Brunea » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 08:23:28

I'm not sure this would work, but you could try to make an UNSTORED
calculated field that consists of Status(currentpagenumber) + <whatever
you want here>

> Is it possible to modify the page numbering at all in FM, for example,
> change the starting page number for a print out to higher than 1?

> I have a spanish dictionary database which I would like to print out in
> Spanish-English and English-Spanish (from different layouts) as one
> document and so start the second with the appropriately higher page
> numbering.

> Is this possible?

> Thanks,

> Dale

Freedom to Modify Page Numbering in FM?

Post by Neil Jense » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:09:58

Ah in the print dilogue box - Number pages from....

> I'm not sure this would work, but you could try to make an UNSTORED
> calculated field that consists of Status(currentpagenumber) + <whatever
> you want here>

> > Is it possible to modify the page numbering at all in FM, for example,
> > change the starting page number for a print out to higher than 1?

> > I have a spanish dictionary database which I would like to print out in
> > Spanish-English and English-Spanish (from different layouts) as one
> > document and so start the second with the appropriately higher page
> > numbering.

> > Is this possible?

> > Thanks,

> > Dale

1. Fm Web: URLs in FM served pages

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether anyone can tell me of an easy or convenient way to
place a linkable URL in a FileMaker served page: i.e. there is a text field
which has a whole bunch of text in it (a news story, actually), which might
link to a .pdf file for downloading. I can't get the URL to appear as a
link, just as text, no matter which encoding option I choose. Anyone have
any suggestions? Do I need to include the <a href = ...> statement in the
text itself (Hint: this will confuse users greatly).

Cheers,

Ben

2. Compact and repair database

3. Page numbers for pages affected

4. help listing tables in a combo box

5. Page numbers for affected pages

6. system page size!

7. Putting different page numbers on different records on the same page

8. CDI -was- NETTYPE Setting.

9. Page numbering on summary page

10. Modifying FM 4.1 Instant Web Publishing

11. win 2000 fm pro 6+ page records

12. cdml, how can I pass a value to FM from a search page

13. emailing pages created in FM