F4M certain layout won't print on certain printer

F4M certain layout won't print on certain printer

Post by Dick van der Kol » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

FileMaker.....allways fun. Before, during or after(!) working hours.....

One of our database (FileMaker 4.0v3 / Mac) happens to behave odd since
the last (minor) update.

A script prints a record from a layout in database 1 and triggers a
printscript in database 2 (to print a portalled record on a certain
layout) It worked fine for years on different LaserWriters (pr0630 and
16/600).

After a minor update done on a powerbook-not-connected-to-a-printer(!?)
the latter layout (the one in the second database0 won't print: a
printjob is generated but printMonitor reports that the printer does not
respond and cannot be found on the network and it reports an errorcode.
But little seconds before, the same script printed on the very same
printer. On a LaserWriter pro 630 (in the same network) the complete
printscript functions well.

QUESTION:
1.  While building a layout, is it compulsive to have the
printersettings set before creating the layout?
2.  With an EPS-file integrated in the layout, has the fileserver
containing the original EPS-file to be accessible?

(As far as I know: NO; but this * layout drove me crazy the whole
day.  Finally I found out: Add one piece to the layout (a textstring
'shit' was enough) and somehow; the layout seemed to update itself to
printersettings or so.)

So: any suggestions about odd behavior of layouts under certain
circumstances?

Dick van der Kolk

PS: Yes, I removed the textstring from the layout, since it was a
invoice layout ;-)

1. Find certain Number of Records / Print only certain number of records

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good way to get FileMaker to find only the first 10
(for instance) records that match a Find Criteria ...??

Or ...

Make the printer only print the first 10 records ...??

I have a system that prints Invoices .. but I don't want to print all of
them at the same time ... Coz there will be more than 300 and the printer
could screw up ...

Any help ....??

2. 13566-WA-Seattle-ORACLE Financials-ORACLE Tools-Designer 2000-Developer 2000-Bus

3. .adp won't run on certain machines.

4. Using Tabs

5. Restoring database to certain point of time ( Before to a certain transaction)

6. PO8i evaluation or full product?

7. Layout based on certain criteria

8. Enabling connections for just one application

9. Printing certain pages

10. How to print in a certain row in progress

11. Can't read certain tables via JDBC

12. Can't select certain field thru Query ?

13. Pic-Lan on AP/Pro not accepting certain IRQ's