Font/Field Format Troubles

Post by Chris Shield » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm Using FMP 3.0v1 and in one layout, I wish the data to be formatted
large & easy to read. However, in another layout, which I will use to
print out a form with the same data, I need the font to remain smaller.
The problem is, when I switch layouts, the text in some of the fields is
remaining large, in spite of the fact that the format for that field (on
that layout) is set to be much smaller.  What can I do to correct this?
Please e-mail me directly:

Thanks Very much
Chris

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Font/Field Format Troubles

Post by Lynn All » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> --------------D36E6209B0F1AD3885745F0E

> I'm Using FMP 3.0v1 and in one layout, I wish the data to be formatted
> large & easy to read. However, in another layout, which I will use to
> print out a form with the same data, I need the font to remain smaller.
> The problem is, when I switch layouts, the text in some of the fields is
> remaining large, in spite of the fact that the format for that field (on
> that layout) is set to be much smaller.  What can I do to correct this?
> Please e-mail me directly:

> Thanks Very much
> Chris

find all the records. Put your cursor in the problematic field, and
select "Replace with calculated results."  Replace the field with
itself.

Formatting will not survive a calculation, so this will put the same
contents into the field, minus formatting applied elsewhere, and it
should all revert to the smaller default text.

And tell your users to stop formatting the text after entry! ;)

--

Allen & Allen Semiotics                          Web & Graphic Design
Long Beach CA USA               Filemaker Pro Consulting - Member CSA