Help with message board

Post by Magazine Trade » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to create a message board using Filemaker Pro and web
companion. I was wondering how you can display messages in your database
on the internet without clicking a link or a button. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jerry
--
Magazine Trader
http://www.magazinetrader.com

Help with message board

Post by Neil Herb » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I am trying to create a message board using Filemaker Pro and web
> companion. I was wondering how you can display messages in your database
> on the internet without clicking a link or a button. Is this possible?

I have not used web companion, but with Tango you can write the results
HTML to a file "xxxx.html" and just serve the file. Each time a new
message is added, rewrite the file. Tango actually allows appends to
existing files, but you can't have a footer if you use appends.

Neil

1. NEED HELP: Message Board on Website

I'm writing a new website and I'd like to include a message board.  I've
seen some excellent ones (the one at http://www.breakupgirl.com/ comes
to mind).

This is totally new to me and I'd like some feedback as to the least
complicated way to do this.  Is this done using Java?  If so, does
anyone know where I can find a public domain source code for this?  (My
Java is flaky at best.) :)

Is there some other way to include a message board that doesn't involve
major coding?

I would appreciate any advice, comments and feedback.  Thank you.

Toni Parra

2. Accessing a secondary Data Source from a Stored Procedure

3. A Great Tech Message Board

4. Live db indexing with Access 2.0 ??

5. Efficient paging in an message board system

6. Help wanted: Database Question??

7. Creating a Message Board

8. 20 PowerBuilder books summary, room for more?

9. Message Board

10. Displaying Page Views for Messages in Discussion Board

11. Displaying page views for messages in Discussion Board

12. SQL message boards

13. SQLXML Message Board - Testers Needed