Summary field not working correctly

Post by Ed Bow » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:49:24

3 fields:  source (text), description(text) and length (time). I sort
by source and description then...

I have a 2 summary fields in 2 sub-summary parts. One summary field is
a count of number of fields in the sort, the other is total length.
The count always works correctly, the total length works for some and
not others. All length fields are time, all are full, sort works fine.

The incorrect answers seem to be short of the correct total. As I said
some of the summaries (total length) are correct.

Any suugestions, thanks in advance for the help.

Post by Hans Rijnbo » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:33:46

> 3 fields:  source (text), description(text) and length (time). I sort
> by source and description then...
> I have a 2 summary fields in 2 sub-summary parts.

Is the first part summarized by source and the second one by
description?
Is there also a body part, so you can see the inividual records?

Quote:> One summary field is
> a count of number of fields in the sort, the other is total length.

In which sub-summary parts are these fields?

Quote:> The count always works correctly, the total length works for some and
> not others. All length fields are time, all are full, sort works fine.
> The incorrect answers seem to be short of the correct total. As I said
> some of the summaries (total length) are correct.

How exactly do you know the correct total of time?

--
Hans Rijnbout
Utrecht, Netherlands

1. dts export to fixed field not working correctly or so it seems

When I use the dts export to fixed field it seems to shift the fields over
to the previous column if it the preceding column is null.  I have tried
both the null check and unchecked in the advance portion of the export and I
get the same results.  Fixed field should place the columns where you tell
it, but for some reason it want's to shift everything when there is nothing
in the field.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?

2. Cannot access "Datasource", "Datamember" props in User Control??

3. Summary Field Won't Calculate Correctly

4. install Oracle8.0.5

5. SELECT...WHERE EmployeeID NOT IN (...) not working correctly

6. Informix - using HP AutoRAID

7. DBCC SHOWCONTIG not working correctly?

8. cannot initialize ole error

9. Help Please -- ADODB.Command does not work correctly in .NET

10. BUG: SQL SERVER 2k SET FMTONLY not working correctly on a db restored from v70 backup

11. OUTER JOINs Not Working Correctly

12. left outer joins with a whereclause seem to not work correctly

13. Between operator not working correctly