"JPEG error #53" for Container [Applescript]

"JPEG error #53" for Container [Applescript]

Post by christ.. » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi All,

Playing with fmp4 again today.. got even worse.. no i'm messing with
the dreaded applescript.. trying to learn just enough applescript to
get pictures of items into my "Items" data base without having to mess
about..

my theory was that i could setup a little script to check if the field
for the picture was empty.. then if the field was empty, the fm script
would run an applescript to see if the correct picture was on the drive
and get it.. of course i would only want to run this when the container
field is empty..

so before i got much into things i tried to test for an empty field..
it seemed to work, except that when the import does not work right, i
get this "JPEG error #53" displayed in the container.. sadly, it is
a picture.. i can drop it on the desktop, and there is a little pict
clipping that is a "picture" of the text "JPEG error #53".. so i need
a way to test for this.. the field is not empty, and i can't figure
out how to tell if this error picture is in the field, or the picture
i wanted is in there..

the directory i was importing from, is my desktop pictures directory
so i'm sure the pictures are ok.. well at least ok, in terms of the
desktop, photoshop, and jpegview all have no problems dealing with
them..

any ideas?? i still have plenty to do, just trying to figure out how
to get applescript to do things, so figured i would ask this question
early..

Sur-Tech / Ami-Tech    (408) 496-6348 Xt 247     Santa Clara CA 95050
                          www.Sur-Tech.com

"JPEG error #53" for Container [Applescript]

Post by Bryan Taylo » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Christian,

a was running into this problem when i was just messing around with
importing a picture into a container field (the easy
way...file>Import/Export>import picture) i was able to solve the problem by
giving FMP more memory. you might try this if you havent already.

Bryan Taylor
Black Rhino Graphics, Inc.
http://www.blackrhinographics.com

----------

>Hi All,

>Playing with fmp4 again today.. got even worse.. no i'm messing with
>the dreaded applescript.. trying to learn just enough applescript to
>get pictures of items into my "Items" data base without having to mess
>about..

>my theory was that i could setup a little script to check if the field
>for the picture was empty.. then if the field was empty, the fm script
>would run an applescript to see if the correct picture was on the drive
>and get it.. of course i would only want to run this when the container
>field is empty..

>so before i got much into things i tried to test for an empty field..
>it seemed to work, except that when the import does not work right, i
>get this "JPEG error #53" displayed in the container.. sadly, it is
>a picture.. i can drop it on the desktop, and there is a little pict
>clipping that is a "picture" of the text "JPEG error #53".. so i need
>a way to test for this.. the field is not empty, and i can't figure
>out how to tell if this error picture is in the field, or the picture
>i wanted is in there..

>the directory i was importing from, is my desktop pictures directory
>so i'm sure the pictures are ok.. well at least ok, in terms of the
>desktop, photoshop, and jpegview all have no problems dealing with
>them..

>any ideas?? i still have plenty to do, just trying to figure out how
>to get applescript to do things, so figured i would ask this question
>early..

>Sur-Tech / Ami-Tech    (408) 496-6348 Xt 247     Santa Clara CA 95050
>                          www.Sur-Tech.com

1. JPEG error 53

Hi there,

    I have a client scanning in images in Paper Port as JPEGs, and when I
try and print them from Filemaker I get the error 53 message. I created a
new file with nothing but the one container field and I'm still getting the
error. I can see the images in browse mode but when I switch to Preview I
see the error message. Any ideas???

2. Too many tables

4. Oracle Index and data issues

5. Container Field "Reference"

6. DTD declaration

7. "Unknown error message number "16118".

8. AccessControlException on database connect

9. "Unknown error message number "16118"

10. How to make a "decimal"-field to an "integer"-field

11. "."and ","

12. The ""string""