container-field export

Post by news.wish.n » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:37:19

Hi,

In a FMP 4 database I've stored the reference of a picture in a container field. The actual pictures (more then 3.500) are stored externally in a separate content directory. This database is a prototype for a database-driven website developed in PHP using MySQL. While converting the FMP database all data was exported, except for the container field.

Is there a way to export the stored information in the container field (or access the path info that is stored in the container field in any other way).

Thanks for your ideas.

Rik

container-field export

Post by C. Montgomery Burn » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:17:33

> Hi,

> In a FMP 4 database I've stored the reference of a picture in a container
> field. The actual pictures (more then 3.500) are stored externally in a
> separate content directory. This database is a prototype for a
> database-driven website developed in PHP using MySQL. While converting the
> FMP database all data was exported, except for the container field.

> Is there a way to export the stored information in the container field (or
> access the path info that is stored in the container field in any other way).

> Thanks for your ideas.

you can use AppleScript to read the file reference from the container
and write it to another cell in the record as text, then export the text
field with the file refernce.

set cell "ImageRefText" to cell "Image" as text

--
MB

container-field export

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:33:55

and/or (for Windows only) you might have a look at
www.tekstotaal.com/cbase.html#filemaker

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier

> > Hi,

> > In a FMP 4 database I've stored the reference of a picture in a
container
> > field. The actual pictures (more then 3.500) are stored externally in a
> > separate content directory. This database is a prototype for a
> > database-driven website developed in PHP using MySQL. While converting
the
> > FMP database all data was exported, except for the container field.

> > Is there a way to export the stored information in the container field
(or
> > access the path info that is stored in the container field in any other
way).

> > Thanks for your ideas.

> you can use AppleScript to read the file reference from the container
> and write it to another cell in the record as text, then export the text
> field with the file refernce.

> set cell "ImageRefText" to cell "Image" as text

> --
> MB

1. export container fields binary as xml

I need a way to export the images from my database as xml.  I know
that xml will support this based on this article:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/work/story/0,2000034884,202...

Is there a plugin that supports this? I see there is a plugin that
will export container fields to a text file, but cannot find a plugin
that will MIME or UUencode  the image and store it in the xml.  Any
one have any ideas?

2. Concurrence problems on oracle8 run with linux

3. How to export pictures from container fields

4. WA-SEATTLE-87856--Database Design-C++-MS SQL Server-ORACLE-Information Systems E

5. Exporting container fields

6. help with upgrade from 4.5 to 7

7. Exporting a Container Field to an Excel Spreadsheet

8. ODBC 3.30 - Cannot load translation dll

9. Extracting/exporting images from container fields to Files (JPG or other format)

10. exporting container fields

11. exporting a container field

12. Exporting Container Fields