Using DDE to negotiate with Winfax Pro.

Post by Dani? » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to fax directly from Filemaker by using DDE. But how hard I try
nothing happens. Can anyone help me?

Greetings,
Dani?l.

Using DDE to negotiate with Winfax Pro.

Post by Richard L. Babcoc » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I assume since it is WinFax Pro that you are on a Windows machine :-)
That being the case, the install of WinFax Pro should have created a "Fax
Printer" in your printers folder (Start: Settings: Printers). To print from
Filemaker you can either set the Fax Printer as the default if this is the
only "printing" you will do or you can choose the Fax Printer when the print
job is sent.

--
Richard L. Babcock, Software Support Coordinator

----------

Quote:> Hello,

Post by Brain De » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I'm trying to fax directly from Filemaker by using DDE. But how hard I try
> nothing happens. Can anyone help me?

> Greetings,
> Dani?l.

DDE and WinFax is the right direction, but you need a tool to sit between
them for it to work. There is a Fax plug in available that does just that,
can't remember the name, but check the FMP website's plug in listing, I
think there is info there.

--
-bd

"It's not my god damn planet monkey boy!" - J. Warfan
-----
Reply to the newsgroup, don't bother emailing me