FM4/FM5 Importing graphic file via script?

FM4/FM5 Importing graphic file via script?

Post by Karl-Heinz Einberge » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:57:37

I have an extensive list of filenames (generated with a perl script and
imported to FM4-database) (format: img/web/name.jpg) and would like to
import the graphics (just the references to them) into a media field.
Script maker does't allow for inserting a file name.

Is there a workaround?

Thanx for help!

Post by Greg Demb » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 02:40:23

>I have an extensive list of filenames (generated with a perl script and
>imported to FM4-database) (format: img/web/name.jpg) and would like to
>import the graphics (just the references to them) into a media field.
>Script maker does't allow for inserting a file name.

>Is there a workaround?

>Thanx for help!

I was able to do that using AppleScript (on macintosh).  If you are using
mac and you are interested, i can discuss this with you further.

--
Greg

Post by Karl-Heinz Einberge » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:16:11

>I was able to do that using AppleScript (on macintosh).  If you are using
>mac and you are interested, i can discuss this with you further.

>--
>Greg

Sorry, I forgot to mention: Currently I am working on Win/NT, but I work on
both platforms.....

Karl-Heinz

FM4/FM5 Importing graphic file via script?

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:45:38

Dear Karl-Heinz,

schau doch mal nach unter www.tekstotaal.com/cbase.html#filemaker

Sollte das Problem l?sen.

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier