Exporting container fields

Post by klink1.. » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:12:43

    Hi,

    Does anyone know how to export container fields through script? I'm
using SMTPit plugin to send emails, but I want some of the images for the
email coming from a database. SMTPit only lets you attach pictures to the
email from a file. Any ideas?

Post by Tim Boot » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:17:55

>     Hi,

>     Does anyone know how to export container fields through script? I'm
> using SMTPit plugin to send emails, but I want some of the images for the
> email coming from a database. SMTPit only lets you attach pictures to the
> email from a file. Any ideas?

Don't store the pictures in the database? Not a great idea anyway,
as it bloats the database something chronic... instead, use
a naming scheme for the pictures, store a reference in the
file, and then use a calc field for the actual location on
your hard disk / network drive / web space.

Cheers

Webko

Exporting container fields

Post by klink1.. » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:29:03

The pictures are shared across the network as an imagebank. There's no
shared drive for everyone to access, and the pictures needs to be browsed
and indexed. I can't see any other way?

Post by C. Montgomery Burn » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:59:08

>     Hi,

>     Does anyone know how to export container fields through script? I'm
> using SMTPit plugin to send emails, but I want some of the images for the
> email coming from a database. SMTPit only lets you attach pictures to the
> email from a file. Any ideas?

Mac? use AppleScript, read the image, write it to a file , attach it,
send it, delete the file.

Win? Like above but with VB

--
MB

Exporting container fields

VB?? How do you use VB in FM?

Post by C. Montgomery Burn » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:46:04

> VB?? How do you use VB in FM?

Google search it.

--
MB

1. export container fields binary as xml

I need a way to export the images from my database as xml.  I know
that xml will support this based on this article:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/work/story/0,2000034884,202...

Is there a plugin that supports this? I see there is a plugin that
will export container fields to a text file, but cannot find a plugin
that will MIME or UUencode  the image and store it in the xml.  Any
one have any ideas?

2. Where/Having CLAUSE

3. exporting container fields

4. Progress Jobs

5. Exporting Container Fields

6. Error when creating a table from script

7. Export container fields-gif/tiff to html

8. importing exporting container field contents

9. Does anybody know how to export container field contents out of FMP 5 for PC?

10. How to export pictures from container fields

11. container-field export