Why aren't scrollbars displayed?

Post by Jeffrey Dicks » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:53:27

Howdy All

   This is just a short question about publishing my database with web
companion.
  The problem is that when I search for a record(s), the found records
are always displayed in table view.  It's not that bad except that
sometimes some data is hidden because the fields are not large enough
to display all of it.  Then, when trying to see the remainder of the
record by clicking on it, web companion takes you on a roller-coaster
ride trying to get it.
  After clicking on the found record, it brings you to form view.
Again, however, the scrollbar is not display where it would otherwise
be in the native environment, so you still can't see all of your data.
 Then, when you click on that field, it brings you to the edit record
page. After which, you can finally scroll.  What's up with that?

Thanks In Advance

-Jeff

Post by Tim Boot » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:12:50

> Howdy All

>    This is just a short question about publishing my database with web
> companion.
>   The problem is that when I search for a record(s), the found records
> are always displayed in table view.  It's not that bad except that
> sometimes some data is hidden because the fields are not large enough
> to display all of it.  Then, when trying to see the remainder of the
> record by clicking on it, web companion takes you on a roller-coaster
> ride trying to get it.
>   After clicking on the found record, it brings you to form view.
> Again, however, the scrollbar is not display where it would otherwise
> be in the native environment, so you still can't see all of your data.
>  Then, when you click on that field, it brings you to the edit record
> page. After which, you can finally scroll.  What's up with that?

What's up with it is that the Instant Web Publishing feature
is somewhat limited - it is using a mix of HTML, CSS and various
non-specific browser cludges to *attempt* to show the data.

However, it is not able to render everything 100% perfectly,
especially as the web is not the same medium as native
FileMaker - the behaviour you are experiencing is the best
that can be achieved with current technology.

The Custom Web Publishing option can have increased
functionality, especially as you can select which fields
you want to show up and how they show... but it does have
a fair learning curve, and knowing HTML well before you start
is a good idea.

Cheers

Webko

1. Why aren't my Triggers triggering?

Cheers to Everyone,

I have created a sample trigger on my database between a parent table and a
chaild table.  I have a non-identifying relationship between the two tables
and would like to implement a SET NULL to the child table whenever a parent
key is deleted from the parent table.  The parent PK filed is defined as an
Integer and so is the FK field in the child table.  The FK field in the
child table can accept NULL values.  Sounds simple?  It is, here's the
trigger syntax.

Note:  LocationTypes is the parent table and Locations is the child table.

create trigger TD_LocationTypes on LocationTypes for DELETE as
begin

    update Locations
      set
        Locations.LocationType_ID = NULL
      from Locations,deleted
      where
        Locations.LocationType_ID = deleted.ID
    return
error:

    rollback transaction
end
go

I still get the message: "DELETE statement conflicted with COLUMN REFERENCE
constraint..."  when I try to delete a parent row.

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Nick

2. How to limit database resources

3. Why aren't bookmarks supported?

4. Odd Spooler Behaviour - D3/Linux

5. Why aren't my posts showing up?

6. Can't connect ERROR

7. Why aren't my Primary Keys Clustered?

8. DB-Library vs. ODBC

9. why aren't you using my index??

10. Why aren't more people using interbase?

11. Why aren't these queries the same?

12. Why aren't UNION ALL updatable ?

13. Ardent Software, why aren't you adv