Exporting related records

Post by Joey Man » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:40:12

I have two tables with one-to-many relationship. The parent contains
the main office address and the child contains the branch offices
addresses. Not every entries in the parent has a related record in the
child. When I export the branch offices addresses, the exported
records are not line by line but with some space between each records.
Does anyone know how to get rid of the unwanted space?

Joey

Exporting related records

Post by STL » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:11:36

There are no reasons while FM had to not export a selected record
from a file even if it hasn't any related records!
In this situation FM will export only the parent file's data.
You have to omit before all parent records without associated records!

How?

You can create a <<[calc]CountRelated>> (*) which counts the related
records. Before export, run a search and omit those records whit
<<[sum]CountRelated>> = 0

syntax: Count(yourRelation::anyNotEmptyField)

/Steve

> I have two tables with one-to-many relationship. The parent contains
> the main office address and the child contains the branch offices
> addresses. Not every entries in the parent has a related record in the
> child. When I export the branch offices addresses, the exported
> records are not line by line but with some space between each records.
> Does anyone know how to get rid of the unwanted space?

> Joey

1. Exporting related records

I have two tables with one-to-many relationship. The parent contains
the main office address and the child contains the branch offices
addresses. Not every entries in the parent has a related record in the
child. When I export the branch offices addresses, the exported
records are not line by line but with some space between each records.
Does anyone know how to get rid of the unwanted space?

Joey

2. pgsql-server/src/backend Makefile

3. exporting related records

4. Integrating SQL server with Project 2000 Server

5. Exporting Importing related records

6. DTS problem

7. Appending related records to two related tables

8. Can ActiveX control contain a Form ?

9. How can I get records WITHOUT relating records in another table

10. Problems with records and related records

11. How to copy a field from one record to a related record in the same database

12. Using one record to access two (or more) records in another related database