One Field Value Skipped

Post by Richard Scale » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:43:21

Hello,

I rebuilt a file today and recieved this message in the synopsis at the end
of the rebuild process.

'One field value skipped'

The database seems intact - what does this mean ?

One Field Value Skipped

Post by Lynn all » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:44:59

> Hello,

> I rebuilt a file today and recieved this message in the synopsis at the end
> of the rebuild process.

> 'One field value skipped'

> The database seems intact - what does this mean ?

It means that during the Recover process, the data bits making up that
field definition were found to be "suspect."  They were discarded. That
field def probably looks like "Recovered Field Def 1" or something like
that in the list. The data is probably there, but might be missing
entirely.

Recover does NOT (I repeat in the most strident possible terms, NOT)
"rebuild" files. It examines the structure and STRIPS OUT every suspect
data bit it finds. It may or may not report such discards. It can
discard layout objects, scripts or script steps, relationships, value
lists, field defs or data. That is why it should be called "Recover
Data" and used only to get data from crashed or corrupt files into clean
clones of the files.

Do not Recover files as routine maintenance. It will leave you with
files which may or may not function as you expect, and which will
certainly be less stable than previously.
--
Lynn Allen              Allen & Allen Semiotics
FSA Associate           Filemaker Consulting & Training

1. CRecordset skipping INSERT of one field

[ Article crossposted from microsoft.public.vb.database.odbc ]
[ Author was  ]
[ Posted on 28 Mar 1997 03:01:23 GMT ]

: I've got a CRecordset derived class that does just fine
: at inserting all the fields of the set except one.

It appears to be a bug in the Microsoft CRecordset class.
If I put the assignment of any of the database field members
in a separate simple assignment statement it works just fine.
However if I put the assignment in a more complex statement
it fails.

This works:
        m_myDBFieldMember = AnyThingHere;
This fails:
        for(i=0, m_myDBFieldMember=0; i < N; i++)
                m_myDBFieldMember |= array[i];

115 North Branch Rd.                    voice: (508) 369-4207
Concord, MA 01742                       Fax:   (508) 369-8109

2. Passing datetime values from a VB app via ADO

3. identity field skipping values

4. ERROR: Corrupt file other than header?

5. merging two fields into one field with value lists

6. Rep Server Question on How Definitions Work

7. ISNULL varient that will display one value if null and one value if not

8. Interbase performance for 50 on-line users

9. insert data from one field in one table to another field in another table

10. Many values from a single field returned into one single string

11. Sproc/Insert query copying one value into another field

12. DataBaseModule and Missing Values in Field which is required one

13. Replace the value of one fields in a Table