Accessing data from a 'brother' file

Post by Alan » Tue, 27 May 2003 13:16:27

Relationships:

A--B--C

I run a report on B so I can retrieve data from A & C.
However, I also want to retrieve data from D.
B has no common fields with D.
A can be linked to D though.
How do I retrieve info. from D by B ???

Accessing data from a 'brother' file

Post by Chris Brow » Tue, 27 May 2003 13:49:09

create a calc field in A, using a rel to D, to equal the field in D
create an appropriate rel B to A, and use it to retrieve  the calc in A
A is now acting as  a 'join' file

Chris Brown
Nerosurgery
University of Adelaide

> Relationships:

> A--B--C

> I run a report on B so I can retrieve data from A & C.
> However, I also want to retrieve data from D.
> B has no common fields with D.
> A can be linked to D though.
> How do I retrieve info. from D by B ???

Accessing data from a 'brother' file