FileMaker Pro 4.1 <-> ADABAS D

Post by Herwig Hensel » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Experts,

the upcoming FileMaker Pro 4.1 will support ODBC access to several DBMS
(Oracle, MS SQL, ...). However, I see no mention of ADABAS D which does
support ODBC. Does anyone (already) know (yes, it is early to ask) if
these products will work together as expected?

Herwig Henseler

--
ECCE TERRAM GmbH                        Dr. Herwig Henseler
Heinrichstrasse 18d                     Tel. 0441 / 500 12-0

FileMaker Pro 4.1 <-> ADABAS D

Post by u.. » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Experts,

>the upcoming FileMaker Pro 4.1 will support ODBC access to several DBMS
>(Oracle, MS SQL, ...). However, I see no mention of ADABAS D which does
>support ODBC. Does anyone (already) know (yes, it is early to ask) if
>these products will work together as expected?

Why shouldn't it? ODBC is ODBC. Just make sure that you have client-side
drivers for Adabas installed. Maybe FileMaker will include some drivers
with 4.1, then that is what they mean with "support for Oracle, MS SQL,
...". But you can always get third party drivers.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring

1. -> FS: FileMaker Pro 4.1 - $199.00 <-

FS: FileMaker Pro 3.0 $79.00. CD, license and registration.
FS: FileMaker Pro 4.1 - $199.00

Software media is guaranteed for 30 days.  If the diskette or CD is defective,
send it back for repair.  No refunds on software, no exchange for different
product.

No refunds or exchanges on books, manuals, documentation or research.

California residents please add 7.75% for sales tax. Minimum $6.00 for shipping
and handling for UPS ground delivery in continental U.S.  For other orders,
please email us for shipping and handling charges.  Visa or Mastercard or money
orders accepted.  Checks must clear before shipping. We accept written, mailed
purchase orders from government departments and public educational
institutions.

Ron
B&R Computer Services
P O Box 7195
San Diego CA 92167-0195

phone: 619-225-8281

home page:
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/rrbp/

2. "Agent Orange": How to uncover hidden information paths

3. <<<RDBMS/UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>Oakland, CA

4. Selecting the id field from multiple ranges

5. Hangs Up

6. VB6 and Filemaker Pro 4.1

7. Filemaker Pro 4.1 or 5.0 and email

8. WTB: FileMaker Pro 4.0 or 4.1

9. Hyperlinks between datasheets in FileMaker Pro 4.1

10. FS: FileMaker Pro 4.1