EPS or Vector support in FileMaker?

Post by John B » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 13:36:17

Does Filemaker 6 support EPS or native Illustrator files?

John

EPS or Vector support in FileMaker?

Post by Chri » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 07:20:03

Quote:> Does Filemaker 6 support EPS or native Illustrator files?

> John

MacOS9, FMP6

You can copy illustrator files and paste to a container. Usually it looks
okay. The clean illustrator elements are often broken into shards and
peculiar compound paths (I've seen the same effect in eps files imported
from Barco.) Printing is diabolical, though I blame Quicktime for this
rather than Filemaker (postscript errors). In short I'd say no (at least for
OS9).

Chris

1. FileMaker 5.5 + EPS + OSX = Bad Combo??

I have FileMaker Pro 5.5v2 running natively in Mac OS 10.1.2 and
everything seems to be running well EXCEPT when I try to print an EPS
image within FileMaker.

The print results in the EPS image being completely "jaggy" and not
smooth at all.

I've tested the same exact database being printed in the Classic mode
of 10.1, running Mac OS 9.2.1 and the EPS works fine, but natively in
10.1.2 it's not clear at all. (Just for the record, I'm using a Xante
Accel-a-writer 8300 with Adobe PS 3.)

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, is there a solution?
Thanks.

Mike

--

2. Eliminate duplicate data

3. Exporting lay-outs with Filemaker fields to EPS for use in QuarkXPress

4. SQL 6.5 Login from different server

5. interate through vector of vectors/jtable urgent !

6. Syntax question

7. Background color behavior supported by FileMaker?

8. Information Builders, Info Access, Bill I.

9. Filemaker 5.5 web script support

10. FileMaker Multiprocessor Support

11. Absurd support from FileMaker website

12. Do any versions of filemaker support replication

13. Does filemaker server software support web hosting?