field entry

Post by Richard Scale » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:16:06

Hello, I want enter data into a field in filemaker but have it displayed as
asterisks.

I know that there are several plug-ins that will allow data entry is this
'password' style but is there a way that I could do it without a plug-in - I
am using 5.5 on Windows 2K/XP at present.

Thank you

Richard

field entry

Post by Le Nomade.Co » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:55:45

hello
use a font on the field such as webding or any other weird fonts
available on your machine.
don't forget to install the font on the other nachines connected to your
fm db.

bye

--
E-STORY Storyboarding tool for multimedia company at :
http://storyboard.le-nomade.com

Membre / Member of: http://www.fmqc.ca
Buy a canoe / Acheter un cano? : http://canoe-canada.ca

field entry

Post by Richard Scale » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:17:38

Thanks for the tip. I read on FM's web site that V6 offers something like
this in dialogue boxes - time to upgrade perhaps? For now - webdings is good
for me, thanks again.

Richard

--
E-STORY Storyboarding tool for multimedia company at :
http://storyboard.le-nomade.com
Le Nomade.Com
http://le-nomade.com
http://portfolio.le-nomade.com
E-Commerce >> Web design >> Filemaker 4.1 - 5 / Mac / PC >> Audio
Philippe Waterloos, Pres.
6047 de la roche, Montral, QC H2S 2C8, Canada

Membre / Member of: http://www.fmqc.ca
Buy a canoe / Acheter un cano? : http://canoe-canada.ca

field entry

Post by Rien » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:09:47

Depends on where you need it for.
You good also try to create two fields over each other:
INPUT = text
place on layout, with texcolor is same as background
entry is allowed, select all field.

OUTPUT= calc (Left("***********************************************";
Length( input))
place exactly over field INPUT, with opaque background,
field entry forbidden.

Disadvantage of this one is that Asterix only appears after entering data,
not during.

Rienk

Quote:> Hello, I want enter data into a field in filemaker but have it displayed
as
> asterisks.

> I know that there are several plug-ins that will allow data entry is this
> 'password' style but is there a way that I could do it without a plug-in -
> am using 5.5 on Windows 2K/XP at present.

> Thank you

> Richard

1. Coping Master table field entry to Detail table field entry

I have a law enforcement evidence tracking application which is made up of
a Master table (where the suspect personal address, citation number, etc.
information is entered) and then a detail table (where the seized equipment
articles are entered).

I use a citation number (L-01111) as the primary key field to link the two.
 When I arrive at the detail table to enter the numerous items I manually
enter the same citation number from the Master table (while adding a 001)
incrementally to each additional item (example - L-0111-001 as the first
item, then L-0111-002 as the second, and so on.  These become evidence tag
numbers for inventory purposes).

Is there a way to have the detail table copy the citation number
automatically from the Master table  "CitNo#"  field down into the detail
table "CitNo#"  field, and additionally add (if possible) the needed "-001"
behind that number?   The problem is I have officers put evidence tag
numbers of all descriptions in this field of the detail table and I'd like
to control that and have the application automatically enter the needed
sequence without need for officer entry in this field.

Thanks for any help you could spare me with this problem.

2. error using ADOX

3. W4GL (2.0) Table Fields - Entry Fields

4. Dates Intervals

5. Eliminating duplicate field entries when using dts

6. How to restore this?

7. howto convert a binary field entry to varchar ??

8. Field entry Save lost with form terminate

9. validate field entries

10. Automatically displaying combo box's drop down list on field entry

11. PREVENT DUPLICATE FIELD ENTRIES IN A DATABESE --- is this possible

12. ADO Recordset field entry