Posting solutions?

Post by Jammer S » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

What is an appropriate way to post solutions I have written?

My purpose is to gather opinions on them, the way they are written, and
suggestions for improvement.

How would I go about such a project?

--
"C'mon, you sons of *es, you want to live forever?"
     -First Sergeant Dan Daley

Posting solutions?

Post by Lynn All » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> What is an appropriate way to post solutions I have written?

> My purpose is to gather opinions on them, the way they are written, and
> suggestions for improvement.

> How would I go about such a project?

This is NOT a binary newsgroup, and I don't know of one specifically
designed for DB posting and evaluation. My best recommendation is to put
the files up on a website and post the URL with requests for evaluation.
You might get some takers.  There are plenty of places you can get free
webspace, so it doesn't have to cost anything.

Thanks for asking first.

--

Allen & Allen Semiotics                          Web & Graphic Design
Long Beach CA USA               Filemaker Pro Consulting - Member CSA

1. HELP -- Posting and not posting

HELP !

I am using a Query in my D1 project, I am also using
navigation buttons, as we all know, when you press a navButton, the db is
posted.  This is all fine and good however, when the post occurs the db is
reindexed.  This changes the order of all of my data and is VERY
confusing for the user.

Is there a way to... a) allow the user to change data in the records and
not have them post it when navigating through them, but rather later
(using say a save button).... or b) to somehow disable the index while
the user is editing the records, then later re-implementing the index.

Assistance would be GREATLY appreciated on this.... thanks in advance, NM.

2. MySQL Vs Postgress

3. JOB POSTING:JOB POSTING: Sybase/IMS DBA Canadian Wheat Board - Wpg

4. Spinlock performance improvement proposal

5. SQLServer only solution Vs Tiered solution

6. help the newbie

7. Looking for a solution building in oracle 8.16 could use ideas/solutions

8. Parsing XML from a stored procedure

9. PRESS: INFORMIX'S SOLUTION ALLIANCE GUIDE AND SOLUTION NET NOW

10. PRESS Development Platforms To Include AT&T Global Information Solutions and IBM Massively Parallel Solutions

11. Solution for customized login / password solution in FM?

12. "No Current Record" Dialog Box (Solutions from other posting won't work) Help!!

13. Access Newsgroup Posting Tips