How to export pictures from container fields

How to export pictures from container fields

Post by <ustramoo.. » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:25:38

    I have a few pictures in a container field and I want to save to my hard
drive. Is it possible to export these by script, so that i can then email
them using SMTPit???

1. customize picture in container field

I'm trying to do the following:

1) design a layout with text, data, pictures, i.e. the classic fmpro
layout that can replace a 2-4 pages printed form (i.e. an empty form).

2) create a container field and put there what is in the given layout
(or what appears in the preview) on a record per record basic (i.e. so I
get a filled form).

3) display the container through the web via CDML [fmp-image] tag, so
that I get a long jpeg image or a series of jpegs. The user then saves
the image or prints it (that is, he prints the filled form).

This way I can avoid producing PDF files and sending them over by e-mail
or http-url. The user only has to have a browser, no Acrobat reader
needed.

How do I do point 2? Is that possible with FMpro ? Do you know of some
plugin that could solve my problem?
No, a screen capture plugin won't do the job because the container field
should contain at least a full A4 size picture. If the picture I need is
larger, then I'd use two layouts each A4 and two container fields.

Many thanks in advance.
E.Forenzi

2. Query Help needed

3. quality of picture (with text) import into container fields

4. Looking for writeup on FORML

5. Importing picture into container field

6. advice on portable RDBMS front-ends needed

7. export container fields binary as xml

8. Simple Question on DateTime

9. Exporting container fields

10. container-field export

11. Exporting a Container Field to an Excel Spreadsheet

12. Extracting/exporting images from container fields to Files (JPG or other format)