Newbie Q: Some way to keep styled text from Word to FileMaker?

Newbie Q: Some way to keep styled text from Word to FileMaker?

Post by Vincent Rivar » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi group!

My mother tongue is french, I will try to make sense... :-)

We have a ton of MS Word 1 to 20 pages documents,
that we wish to print from a FileMaker runtime application
in kiosk mode.

My first idea was to cut and paste from Word to FileMaker
but then all the "styling" and tabs and such are lost. Is there
some way to keep it?

And if not is there some way to tell FileMaker to print
a Word document in the back ground on a Windows PC?
New MS Word documents will be added every week and
I need some simple way for the administrators to target
a new MS Word document from a new record in FileMaker.

All those documents would be in the same folder and
all titles of those documents are unique.

Gosh I miss AppleScript!

--
J'aime le simple.
J'aime le beau.

______MacGourou_______

Post by Peter Bont » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Hi group!

> My mother tongue is french, I will try to make sense... :-)

> We have a ton of MS Word 1 to 20 pages documents,
> that we wish to print from a FileMaker runtime application
> in kiosk mode.

> My first idea was to cut and paste from Word to FileMaker
> but then all the "styling" and tabs and such are lost. Is there
> some way to keep it?

Wen i drag-n-drop or copy and paste on my Mac from Claris Works
or even Internet explorer to a tekst-field in Filemaker the
tekst-styling, tabs, colors ets. are not lost so i think its a
Windows thing and not Filemaker.

Peter Bonte
Brugge

Newbie Q: Some way to keep styled text from Word to FileMaker?

Post by Vincent Rivar » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

You are right Peter! I purchased MS office for my Mac,
and opened the Word documents with it, everything seems
identical to the PC version.

When i copy/paste in FileMaker's text field all styles and tabs are
intact. Then i imported this new record in the PC version of the database.
EVERYTHING was there!

Thank you for your reply Peter. It helped me a lot!

My customer will think now, that i am pushing again for the Mac! ;-)

Peter Bonte a crit :

--
J'aime le simple.
J'aime le beau.

______MacGourou_______

1. Ways to keep tempdb from getting out of hand

We're running 7.0 on nt4 sp6. We have encountered the common problem of
tempdb getting far too large (4.7 gig), and solved the problem by
stopping and starting the sql server service. My question to the wise
ones is, what are the best ways to prevent this from happening again?
We use the databases exclusively through ASP; are there any code
pitfalls to look out for that can cause problems? Several have
mentioned making sure "SELECT INTO" and "truncate log on checkpoint"
options are turned on--I assume this applies to tempdb itself. Can
someone give me a little better idea of what these 2 options do? Please
forgive my ignorance, but we don't have a full-fledged SQL admin on
staff.

TIA,
Matt

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. ODBC DBase driver and ADO.net

3. Ways to keep up to date.

4. Question on OpenSchema

5. Filemaker record to word document and word document list

6. Data Environment Should I bother?

7. newbie qs; examining databases and tables

8. Relational database question...

9. newbie qs; fixing and checking databases

10. Newbie Qs on instances and tablespaces

11. text field to HTML with text style included?

12. Thoughts on equiJOINs - no JOIN word - old style