Gotcha BACK, FM!!

Post by LaRett » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:56:31

Hi everyone,

Custom Dialog does not validate dates.  It will accept text or any
garbage even if the Input field is date format.

In addition, when entering into standard date fields, many Users were
raised entering different date formats (using dashes or periods) or
entering 2-digit years.

Wouldn't it be nice if a User could enter any date format they are
comfortable with ... whether in Custom Dialog or within regular date
fields - and that data be automatically validated, interpreted and
instantly converted?  And in the case of data-entry in standard date
fields, no scripts - no pause/resume - no plug-ins - instant validation
& conversion!  Now you can!!

CobaltSky has solved it for us! Check out this thread and download his
three great demos:

]http://www.maclane.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t-
=000351[/url]

All three demos are incredible - but the third demo is absolute DATE
MAGIC.

I'm one happy camper!

LaRetta

1. Back to DAO fm ADO-VB6

I have been trying to standardize a new app on ADO, but find that the adodc
control doesn't have the same properties or methods as was avail in DAO and
RDO.

In ADO, I don't see a .PercentPosition or Recordsettype and when I try to go
back to DAO, I see the regular data control, but not a non ADO data grid.
DBGrid is simply not there.

Where can I/how do I find the non ado grid for use with dao?

Also, there is a whole section/chapter, with all properties and methods and
examples, on DAO in the MSDN help system, but not ADO.

Where can I find the complete listing on ADO properties and methods and
examples?

I am really stuck as I can't use DAO for part of the app, nor can I use ADO
for part of the app and need to do the entire app in one or the other modes.

Michael in West Hartford, CT, USA, Using OzWin II

--
Michael in West Hartford, CT, USA

2. calculate unused space in a datafile

3. Can I make FM PRO V5 Print Duplex (on the back)

4. SQL Server Book

5. remove records with duplicate phone

6. Backing-up a fm db

7. VB 3: does it support ISAM access to Btrieve databases?

8. Backing up to remote volume with FM Server5.5

9. Fm Pro: Multiple Tables back into repeating fields

10. FM 5.5 vs FM 3.0

11. FM Server and FM Unlimited - confused

12. FM Server 5 + remote FM Pro 5 client