Printer Escape Sequences

Post by Colin Banniste » Sun, 24 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to embed and/or print esc sequences when outputting a print
file. I can't find a way.

Thanks all
Colin

1. Printer escape sequences in SE table

I would like to set up a table that contains the escape sequences for
compressed printer, etc for different printers. When I do this and select an
escape sequence from the table and attempt to print using it I get the
literal string, i.e. \033&k2s (which is exactly what is in the table - the
column is defined as a char).

If I assign the string to a char variable in the program i.e., LET xstr =
"\033&k2S" and then print using this variable ( PRINT xstr CLIPPED, "THIS IS
COMPRESSED") then the text string is printed in compressed format.

I also tried setting the value in the column to \\033&k2S (attempting to
escape the escape character) but this didnot work either.

I know I've seen this done where it works, and believe that several years
ago I did this. But for the life of me I cannot recall how.  Anyone have any
ideas and/or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Scott G. Gallup
Information Services Manager
Belle Tire Distributors
Allen Park MI

2. Multi-User VB

3. Printer escape sequences.

4. Newbie: What's my uid and pwd for my asp conn-string

5. escape sequence for Ariel font pitch 11 on HP printers

6. Oracle Expert Problem: XP-21053

7. escape sequence for Arial font pitch 11 on HP printers

8. Q: Jeevan vs. ObjectDesign?

9. ODBC CALL escape sequence versus SQL_NOSCAN_ON

10. escape sequence for varchar

11. ODBC Escape Sequence and Outer Joins

12. Escape Sequence

13. Escape sequence for return in a MEMO field