Database to big...

Post by Patrik Norber » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Why cant I make my database bigger than 2Gb??
I would Really be happy if It were possible to make it just ONE Gb larger...
Anyone else who have  this problem??
Oh, some information: Im using FMP 4.0...

Patrik Norberg
SWEDEN

Database to big...

Post by Aaron Cies » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Why cant I make my database bigger than 2Gb??
> I would Really be happy if It were possible to make it just ONE Gb larger...
> Anyone else who have  this problem??
> Oh, some information: Im using FMP 4.0...

> Patrik Norberg
> SWEDEN

Patrick:

   More information is needed to diagnose your problem.  Specifically,
what OS you are using.  I will assume that you are using the MacOS.
Currently, I believe that the MacOS has a 2GB file limit size.  Thus you
are not able to make any files larger than 2GB.

--
Aaron B. Ciesar
Data Manager/Analyst

1. Backing up large databases: How big is big ?

        We are having some questions come up as to how large a
database can be backed up to a unix file. We backup our
Sybase databases nightly from raw disk partitions to a file defined by
a Sybase dump device. We are using Sybase 4.9.2, and currently dump
databases to a file on a unix file system that is then renamed and com-
pressed. We are using a Sparc10, Solaris 2.2, and have
been told that Solaris has a 2GB limitation on
file size, even if we were using On-line disk suite. I know there are
larger databases out there. Does everyone use the console program to
backup databases larger than 2GB ?  We plan on having our databases grow
to sizes larger than 2GB, so we would like to see what options are available.
Our largest physical disk size that contains a file system is 2.04GB

Aubrey

Aubrey Truex
Martin Marietta Information Systems

Florida, where the sun always shines !! [:-)

2. How to get prev or next record as in a normal relational database in ODBC?

3. database too big??

4. PDF IFilter Causing Hang during indexing.

5. Database size bigger than device size???

6. VB 6.0 + Access 2000

7. Database too big help

8. SQL 6.5

9. Database too big to backup