Search on multiple fields with CDML?

Post by Tony Hol » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 02:15:13

Hello group

I'm using CDML/HTML with a web-enabled FMPro 5 Unlimited database running on
a Mac server.

Can anyone let me know how to perform a search on multiple text fields using
a single drop down list.

I want to search across six separate fields, but only have the one drop-down
selection list linked to a search button.

The results would then return the matches from any of the six separate
fields.

Thanks for your help

Tony

Search on multiple fields with CDML?

Post by Martti Hump » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:34:50

Try to create calculation field making those six field together..
Regards

MarttiH

Post by Tim Boot » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:14:49

> Hello group

> I'm using CDML/HTML with a web-enabled FMPro 5 Unlimited database running on
> a Mac server.

> Can anyone let me know how to perform a search on multiple text fields using
> a single drop down list.

> I want to search across six separate fields, but only have the one drop-down
> selection list linked to a search button.

> The results would then return the matches from any of the six separate
> fields.

New calculation field WebSearch =

Field1 & " " & Field2 & " " & Field... " " & Field6

Then the CDML references to the field WebSearch

Cheers

Webko

Post by Tony Hol » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:26:24

>> Hello group

>> I'm using CDML/HTML with a web-enabled FMPro 5 Unlimited database running on
>> a Mac server.

>> Can anyone let me know how to perform a search on multiple text fields using
>> a single drop down list.

>> I want to search across six separate fields, but only have the one drop-down
>> selection list linked to a search button.

>> The results would then return the matches from any of the six separate
>> fields.

> New calculation field WebSearch =

> Field1 & " " & Field2 & " " & Field... " " & Field6

> Then the CDML references to the field WebSearch

> Cheers

> Webko

This works perfectly - many thanks to both folk who posted solutions!

Tony

1. Multiple field search CDML script

Does anybody know how to create a multiple field search CDML script? I need
to have a user input a search description and for all the fields of a
database to be searched for this criteria. Currently I can only get it to
search one field at a time. The site is www.latinoweb.com where you can find
an example of what I mean. The only search field is the "Title" field.

Thanks in advance.

2. So slow to load

3. Doing multiple CDML searches with one click?

4. Update trigger fails

5. Searching multiple fields with the Excalibur search engine??

6. Onbar restore to different machine.

7. CDML - searching a text field???

8. Temp Database

9. CDML and searching on date fields

10. Using CDML to search multi Fields?

11. web one entry for multiple field search??multiple

12. Value lists w/ multiple fields in CDML

13. searching multiple text fields