paste in WORD

Post by Aroma 2000 / Perlaro » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:33:05

Simply,

How can i make in a script to paste a certain value in WORD ? ( Office2000)
I don't understand how to work with DDE and or "send message"

Thank you

paste in WORD

Post by Bob Osol » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:48:52

Quote:> Simply,

> How can i make in a script to paste a certain value in WORD ? (
> Office2000) I don't understand how to work with DDE and or "send
> message"

(Apologies if received twice, newsfeed problem here)

Using DDE Execute:

Service name:                   Winword
Topic:                          readme.doc   (or the full path to the document)
Commands:                       [INSERT("your text to insert in Word")]

The Topic can be the plain name of the open document, or its fully-qualified
path in quotes: "c:\your folder\your document.doc"

The Commands can be any WordBasic (not VBA) command. e.g. [FILEPRINT] will
print the current document. You will need to find a WordBasic help file -
you can still download this stuff from MS, but you need to search hard for
it.

--
Regds, Bob Osola

--
Regds, Bob Osola

1. problem with ms word pasted data into sql server

I have an asp application where users are cuting strings from ms word
and pasting into a web form. The application then inserts this string
data into a sql server 2000 text field.
Some odd hidden characters are being inserted also.  They do not cause
a problem until i extract from sql server and place in a word
document.

Then it corrupts the new ms word document.

How can I check for and eliminate these weird hidden character strings
in the "inserted" text?

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

2. using images to store coords?

3. Pasting from FM to Word

4. Synchronizing records

5. Pasting FM record into Word

6. VB5 & Access 2000

7. Paste Result pastes clipboard (FMP3 Mac)

8. Paradox ODBC connection w/o installing Paradox

9. Query for words similar to other words

10. Any words, All words, Exact Phrase

11. FTS ignoring single-letter words not in noise word file

12. OLE Automation Error Experienced with Word 7.0 not with Word 6.0

13. Word objects from Acces via VB6 to WORD document