Display name of image linked in a container field-can this be done.

Display name of image linked in a container field-can this be done.

Post by Richard M Kayto » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 23:15:12

I have a database with a container field that I use with linked images.  I
would like to display the name of the file that I have linked in.
Is there any way to do this??

Thanks,

Rich Kayton

Display name of image linked in a container field-can this be done.

Post by Jame » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 03:49:14

Hi Richard -

There is no automatic feature for this.  The issue has often been discussed in
the group and a search will show lots of threads with proposed solutions.  You
might want to use a plug-in like the Troi image manager.  You don't mention
your version of FMPro, platform (Mac or PC), or the types of images you are
working with.  We would need this information to make more specific
recommendations.  Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Best of Luck -
James

--
Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!

1. Obtaining image name from Container Field

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help. Is there an easy way of extracting the image name
from a file you have imported into a container field and putting that result
into another field.

Another department at my company needs the image reference as well as the
normal data fields on export.

Can you do this without using 3rd party functions.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

2. Q: Estimated Cost from SET EXPLAIN?

3. Best DB for mass linking of images to a name field

4. How to Attach Files in OLE.OutlookApplication in VB6

5. Displaying images stored in an Image field from an ASP

6. dataType

7. Display Image in picturebox from db image field without temp file

8. ODBC and SE

9. Display jpeg in Container Field

10. Image in Global container field

11. Automatic image in container field

12. Zoom for container field to enlarge image

13. Extracting/exporting images from container fields to Files (JPG or other format)