export container fields binary as xml

Post by Thomas Mill » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:03:30

I need a way to export the images from my database as xml.  I know
that xml will support this based on this article:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/work/story/0,2000034884,202...

Is there a plugin that supports this? I see there is a plugin that
will export container fields to a text file, but cannot find a plugin
that will MIME or UUencode  the image and store it in the xml.  Any
one have any ideas?

Post by Thomas Mill » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:03:31

I need a way to export the images from my database as xml.  I know
that xml will support this based on this article:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/work/story/0,2000034884,202...

Is there a plugin that supports this? I see there is a plugin that
will export container fields to a text file, but cannot find a plugin
that will MIME or UUencode  the image and store it in the xml.  Any
one have any ideas?

export container fields binary as xml

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:03:39

Dear Thomas:

When using Windows, you might consider using an external UUencode proggy
(uuencode.exe, 9 K) in the process. It could be called from within FMP. I
guess that under Mac there will be a similar utility.

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gr?en / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier

Quote:> I need a way to export the images from my database as xml.  I know
> that xml will support this based on this article:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/work/story/0,2000034884,202...
0.htm
Quote:

> Is there a plugin that supports this? I see there is a plugin that
> will export container fields to a text file, but cannot find a plugin
> that will MIME or UUencode  the image and store it in the xml.  Any
> one have any ideas?

export container fields binary as xml

Post by Thomas Mill » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 01:59:32

Is there any cross-platform  ways to do this? My users are running Mac
and also Windows. Please give assistance.

export container fields binary as xml

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:45:45

Dear Thomas:

I had just a look around and found out that Stuffit obviously handles
UUencode in/out on Macs and obviously also on windows (at least decoding).
See www.stuffit.com. So you could use FMP to check on what platform the user
is, and then send the appropriate command string to Stuffit. UUencode is
simply a conversion from 8-bit data into 7-bit data and vice versa. If you
need to, I can e-mail you the free DOS versions (very tiny, jsut a few K).

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gr?en / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier
post (at) no-no-spam tekstotaal dot com
Please remove "no-no-spam" when e-mailing me directly - Thanks
------

Quote:> Is there any cross-platform  ways to do this? My users are running Mac