FileMaker Multiprocessor Support

Post by Don Duckm » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 04:56:10

Hi,

Does anyone know if FileMaker for Windows is MultiProcessor aware?  I
can't find anything in FileMaker's lit. on the issue, so I assume it
is not, but I would love to hear otherwise.  Thanks

FileMaker Multiprocessor Support

Post by webcomputo » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 07:04:24

Here is a paragraph taken from the Server Best Practice pdf.

"Although FileMaker Server gains some benefit in a multi-processor situation
due to the operating

system's intervention, it is not written to make specific use of multiple
processors. Therefore,

the added expense of a second processor provides very little value. The
money would be

better spent in getting a better hard drive or network subsystem."

This is talking about the Server.  The Client I am sure is not written for
Dual Processors either.

Good Luck,

Scott

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Tim Boot » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:00:34

> Hi,

> Does anyone know if FileMaker for Windows is MultiProcessor aware?  I
> can't find anything in FileMaker's lit. on the issue, so I assume it
> is not, but I would love to hear otherwise.

It does not have multi-processor support.

Cheers

Webko

1. Multiprocessor Support + SQL Server 2000

Can anyone shed some light on a rumour that SQL Server 2000 can return
inconsistent data when the Server is being run with Multiprocessor support.

Or under what circumstances this might happen, I have hunted Technet and am
very skeptical about this rumour but I have to check it out.

TIA

BoobBoo aka Chris

2. oracle and visual basic

3. Has MSOLAP multiprocessor support

4. POET Newsgroups Announcement

5. Multiprocessor support

6. Newbie Question

7. Multiprocessor Support in 6.5

8. Createing Access Tables in VB

9. MSDN Version SQL Server And Multiprocessor Support.

10. Multiprocessor Support for SQL

11. Multiprocessor support

12. Question about PostgreSQL (multiprocessor support)

13. Background color behavior supported by FileMaker?