how to switch to layout mode

Post by jstec » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:30:14

opened filemaker database in browse mode. noticed that there is pword
spelled wrong- layout mode grayed out- can't get into it top change word.
how do i switch to layout mode if grayed out?

how to switch to layout mode

Post by Howard Schlossber » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:33:48

You need a master password to see all layouts, to get into layout mode,
or to change passwords.  You apparently don't have what it takes.

> opened filemaker database in browse mode. noticed that there is pword
> spelled wrong- layout mode grayed out- can't get into it top change word.
> how do i switch to layout mode if grayed out?

Howard Schlossberg              (818) 883-2846
FM Pro Solutions       Los Angeles, California

1. error -3211 on switching from Layout to Browse mode

Who can help me with this one:

F5Mac (FM Sever 5/FM Unlimited/TCP IP fixed IP)

Currently we are experiencing -3211 errors when switching from the
Layout to the Browse mode in files hosted by FM Server.
The action is: from browse to Layout, copy or delete a field on a
layout, switch back to Browse and then...error. (all related files
become inaccesable). FM Server does not crash; reopening all files at
the clientmachine from the startoff 'none open' functions as normal.
Notice that switching back and forth layout/browse mode without copy or
deleting a field on the layout seems to not cause a -3211 error.
The error occurs in several files. Nahh, several files with corrupted
layouts? Mwahh, unlikely I think.

What the heck is going on under the hood?

Dick van der Kolk

2. Trapping for Incomplete Record

3. help: switching from ansi mode to non ansi mode

4. Dbase IV, V2.0 query question

5. Code to switch keyboard layouts from English to Russian

6. IDENTITY_INSERT problem w/ Powerbuilder ? Anyone???

7. Switching between layouts in different databases

8. Clipper and Ingres

9. Automatic Layout Switch

10. Switching back to previous layout / hiding buttons

11. auto-switch from layout upon data entry

12. Layout Switches

13. Switching between layouts in different databases