Does filemaker server software support web hosting?

Does filemaker server software support web hosting?

Post by Anthony Tuso » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Our company is looking into setting up filemaker databases on a server
(Web server or a Filemaker server) so that individuals can access their
databases through the web. We will also have people using our web pages to
register for classes we teach, where the information will be placed right
into our classes database using the Web Companion. My questions are:

Does filemaker server software support web hosting?

Does web companion interact with filemaker server software, or is it a
slave to the standard client hosting software?

Is the server software a more robust hosting solution than client software
with Web C
ompanion?

Thanks so much for your time!

Tony Tuso

--

Post by Paul Brunea » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> Our company is looking into setting up filemaker databases on a server
> (Web server or a Filemaker server) so that individuals can access their
> databases through the web. We will also have people using our web pages to
> register for classes we teach, where the information will be placed right
> into our classes database using the Web Companion. My questions are:

> Does filemaker server software support web hosting?

Not directly. see below

Quote:

> Does web companion interact with filemaker server software, or is it a
> slave to the standard client hosting software?

web companion works with the standard FM

Quote:

> Is the server software a more robust hosting solution than client software
> with Web C
> ompanion?

Not applicable question. The information must come from a regular copy
of FM Pro (in 4.1 land that is. 5 can also use the product called
Unlimited). The regular copy can be a client to FM Pro Server. So the
info goes FMPro Server -> FM Client -> Web
Quote:

> Thanks so much for your time!

> Tony Tuso

> --

1. Hosting a FileMaker Pro File on Web Server

I'm I hearing/reading correctly that if we publish a FMP5 database to a web
server, in conjunction with FMP Unlimited, that a copy of FMP must also be
running as a maximized or minimized application on that server?

Also, we were planning on hosting on IIS.  Any tips on things to look out
for ... or are we confined to Lasso?

Thanks,

Paul

2. pgsql-server/src/backend/parser Tag: REL7_3_ST ...

3. filemaker web hosts?

4. VFP 6.0 and Visual Studio on Win98

5. Virtual web hosting scalability with FileMaker

6. Need info on MySQL or other SQL database servers

7. Want Inexpensive Filemaker Web Host?

8. dbVista vs Informix vs RDM ....

9. Good FileMaker web host service in US

10. Filemaker Pro4 Web Hosting

11. Web Hosting That Supports PostgreSQL

12. WANTED: SECURE/Affordable Web Hosting with ASP Support