Exporting a Container Field to an Excel Spreadsheet

Post by Timothy J. Morriso » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 04:49:51

Filemaker 5.5 ; Win 98 ; Excel 2000

Is there a way to export a container field (along with other fields) as a
file readable by Excel?

#1  - Is this possible with a plugin?

#2 - can a bitmap file be stored in an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance.

--
Timothy J. Morrison
ECI Software

Exporting a Container Field to an Excel Spreadsheet

Post by Jame » Sun, 05 Aug 2001 04:19:25

Hi Timothy -

Excel can certainly store a bitmap in a cell, but I don't believe FMPro can
export the contents of a container field.  I have not heard of a plug-in that
makes it possible, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  Perhaps someone
else with more experience in that area will comment.

Best of Luck -
James

--
Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!