Is there a way to export a preview?

Post by yrb1 » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 07:16:45

Hello,

    I'd like to export a summary to a spreadsheet.  I have to be in
Preview mode to see the summary.  Is there a way to export while in
Preview?

Thanks!

-James Wilson

Is there a way to export a preview?

Post by <ni.. » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 07:57:17

Hi

Yes - I think so... Write an script to do the export in prewiew mode.

I have read it in the manual or in FM 5 Bible.

--

Regards

P?l B?rje (US: Paul Boerje)

Hello,

    I'd like to export a summary to a spreadsheet.  I have to be in
Preview mode to see the summary.  Is there a way to export while in
Preview?

Thanks!

-James Wilson

Is there a way to export a preview?

Post by Stefano Lesandrin » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 17:39:09

@?*!*?  Yes, launch to the File>>Import/Export Menu command!

If you want to use a script, insert a pause of 1 second
between the preview and export statements.

/Stefano

Quote:> Hello,

>     I'd like to export a summary to a spreadsheet.  I have to be in
> Preview mode to see the summary.  Is there a way to export while in
> Preview?

> Thanks!

> -James Wilson

Is there a way to export a preview?

Post by Bump » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 01:47:32

You don't really export from the Preview mode. When you do the export,
after you declare the file name the next dialog will give you the list
of fields to export, at the bottom is a button "Summarize by" this is
the method of recreating the report that you see in Preview.  You can
save exports as a script step if you plan use this often.

OR you can just do a text print to disk using Print2Pict (Mac) of your
report, utilitizing the save as text option. Open the file in a word
processor, change the extra spaces to tabs and then open in a
spreadsheet.