Mac OS8.6 and FM3

Post by bob cen » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I would like to know if FileMaker Pro 3.0v1 is compatible with Mac OS 8.6
and 8.5.

I have a beige G3 that crashes  when printing to a networked Apple
LaserWriter 12/640 PS.  None of our other computers have this problem, but
then none of our other computers are a beige G3.  I don't suspect a
corrupted OS on the beige G3 because a new OS 8.6 has been installed on a
brand new hard drive and the Filemaker printing problem exisited before the
crash when running OS 8.5.1.  Thanks for your help.

Bob Cent
University of Washington

Mac OS8.6 and FM3

Post by Paul Brunea » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I don't recall having any problems with it on my Beige G3, but I can't
guarantee the same situation. Since 3.0v1 is outdated and should be
upgraded, and the updaters are available for free, why not upgrade it
and see if that solves your problem?

PB

> Hi,

> I would like to know if FileMaker Pro 3.0v1 is compatible with Mac OS 8.6
> and 8.5.

> I have a beige G3 that crashes  when printing to a networked Apple
> LaserWriter 12/640 PS.  None of our other computers have this problem, but
> then none of our other computers are a beige G3.  I don't suspect a
> corrupted OS on the beige G3 because a new OS 8.6 has been installed on a
> brand new hard drive and the Filemaker printing problem exisited before the
> crash when running OS 8.5.1.  Thanks for your help.

> Bob Cent
> University of Washington

Mac OS8.6 and FM3

Post by Paul E Este » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I would like to know if FileMaker Pro 3.0v1 is compatible with Mac OS 8.6
> and 8.5.

> I have a beige G3 that crashes  when printing to a networked Apple
> LaserWriter 12/640 PS.  None of our other computers have this problem, but
> then none of our other computers are a beige G3.  I don't suspect a
> corrupted OS on the beige G3 because a new OS 8.6 has been installed on a
> brand new hard drive and the Filemaker printing problem exisited before the
> crash when running OS 8.5.1.  Thanks for your help.

> Bob Cent
> University of Washington

update to I think 3.0 v5 or v6, I am not sure what the latest is, I don't
know for sure if there are any printing fixed for beige g3 but it won't
hurt.

Paul E.

Mac OS8.6 and FM3

Post by bob cen » Sat, 04 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a beige G3 that crashes  when printing to a networked Apple
>LaserWriter 12/640 PS.  None of our other computers have this problem...

With the help of Robert Ziegler, I solved this problem.  Turns out that an
extension for a label printer (Desktop Labels Deluxe) was the cause of the
problem.  Hope this revelation helps other FM users.

Bob
University of Washington

1. Mac OS8.5 and FMP keyboard shortcut conflict

Have just installed MacOS 8.5 on our PowerBook G3
laptop and am running into all kinds of queer
mishaps with FMP 4.0v1 .  Am hoping someone has
already discovered a fix for the following
problems?

1- The FMP keyboard shortcut of cmd-tab for
switching between records or layouts is now
over-ridden by the OS Application Switcher.  I did
find the Applescript fix in the Mac OS help file
for changing the key combination, but even after
changing that, am still getting a small box
popping up telling me the name of the next
application when I try the cmd-tab combo, and am
switched to the next open application.

2- The fonts selected for list layouts seem to be
affected.....looks different?  Is this related to
the appearance control panel font choices?

If you have any suggestions, can you please also
email me the replies in addition to posting here
on newsgroup.  I'm not sure I can find my way back
here!

2. How can I view the content of Logs?

3. Mac OS8.5 and FoxPro2.6

4. Impossible de générer le contexte SSPI ??

5. FoxPro 2.6, VFP3 and Mac OS8 Problems

6. Table lookup on drop down edit?

7. Mac OS8 AND VFP problems?

8. Error Message unknown!!!

9. FM3.04 and MAC OS9