Synchronise cmd /c execution (Send Message)

Synchronise cmd /c execution (Send Message)

Post by Gert Ko » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 04:09:39

Before some files are saved in a directory, a new one is created with
SendMessage: "cmd /c mkdir etc". It looks like sometimes the saving
starts before the creation of the directory is finished.

Other commands like copying, renaming of several files seem to overrun
each other. Is there a way to make sure a command is finished before FM
proceeds with processing the next step?

Which directory will be used when a directory is created with a partial
pathname, without c:\mywo\..?

Gert Kok

Synchronise cmd /c execution (Send Message)

Post by Christoph Bouthillie » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:18:17

Beste Gert,

The DOS commands are executed MUCH faster than FMP can "grasp", and above
all, FMP knows nothing about what is going on on the DOS level. You need to
build in a few seconds pause (trial & error) after each DOS command before
you continue with an FMP script step.

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Gr?en / With kind regards
Christoph Bouthillier

Quote:> Before some files are saved in a directory, a new one is created with
> SendMessage: "cmd /c mkdir etc". It looks like sometimes the saving
> starts before the creation of the directory is finished.

> Other commands like copying, renaming of several files seem to overrun
> each other. Is there a way to make sure a command is finished before FM
> proceeds with processing the next step?

> Which directory will be used when a directory is created with a partial
> pathname, without c:\mywo\..?

> Gert Kok

1. Using osql with cmd execution jobs in SQL 2000

I can use a SQL Server Agent job to run a script via osql
on my local named instance of SQL Server 2000.  However,
when I try running the same type of job on a SQL Server
2000 named instance on another machine, I get the
following:

[Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
[Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

The osql command I used was:
osql -U sa -E -i "c:\scripts\run_sp_imp_all_newdev.sql" -
o "d:\MSSQL 2000
Databases\Joblogs\run_sp_imp_all_newdev.txt"

I get this result if I try running the job as myself (a
SQL administrator), as SA, or as a trusted account that is
a System Administrator on the local machine and on the
domain. The SQL Server Agent is set to allow non system
administrators to run CMD Exec. jobs.

Has something changed with the privileges required to run
SQL Server Agent CMD Exec jobs?

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Cecelia McMaster
Database Administrator
Xceligent

2. ADO Find using Like operator

3. Help! windows messages sending messages to winamp player

4. future of mac foxpro

5. set rs = cmd.Execute fails when cmd.CommandText includes spaces

6. 17465-PA-Allentown-JAM-UNIX-C-Shell Prog. Lang-ORACLE-GUI-Client/Server-Consultant

7. Send a job from pc Oracle forms 5.0 to UNIX server for execution

8. insert unicode string becomes ?????? in sql server

9. DTS error message - cannot initialize script execution engine

10. Execution stops without message

11. Error message while doing show execution plan

12. DTS error message - cannot initialize script execution engine

13. Execution Cannot Continue error message