Calculation Problem

Post by brad anderso » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:32:14

I have 3 calc fields. Invoice total- Payments Total= Outstanding Balance. I
would like to be able to write off (Zero) the Outstanding Balance on
occasion via a script. Having trouble figuring it out.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Brad

Calculation Problem

Post by Chris Brow » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:57:56

what about an adjustment field, and include it in the calc (-adjustment) .
Normally it would value as zero. Until a write off script sets it equal to the
outstanding balance. This also then keeps a record of writeoffs as well.
Alternately a write off status field could be set by the script and
incorporated in a case/if statement

if status = yes,  calc - Outstanding Balance, calc

--
Chris Brown
Dept. Neurosurgery

> I have 3 calc fields. Invoice total- Payments Total= Outstanding Balance. I
> would like to be able to write off (Zero) the Outstanding Balance on
> occasion via a script. Having trouble figuring it out.

> Any help much appreciated.

> Cheers Brad

1. Olap calculation problem

I have a fact table I need to do some calculations on and am having a
hard time visualizing what I need to do. I am new at Analysis
services.

the fact table has a bunch of columns grade, rs1, rs2, rs3, rs4, rs5
etc. These are scores such as 03,72,85,25,45,65,82 etc.

There is another table with what these scores mean. This table has
grade, category, advanced,profcient,belowprofcient. The catagory
relates to the columns in the fact table rs1, rs2, etc What I need to
summarize is if the record is a third grade record, look at the rs1
score, go find third grade in the other table, look at the category
column for the rs1 scores and if the fact score is <= belowProfcient,
they are below, if <= advanced and >= prof they are profcient. If >=
advanced they are advanced. I need to have the cube summarize by grade
and rs1, rs2 etc... if they are bp, prof or advanced.

To try to clarify as the above is a bit confusing, here are a couple
of rows in each

factTable:

grade rs1 rs2 rs3 rs4 rs5
03 52 64 85 45 25
06 45 48 54 85 22

Score Key Table

grade Category advanced prof below prof
03 rs1 85 65 32
03 rs2 75 60 38
03 rs3 78 62 45
06 rs1 68 54 32
06 rs2 78 62 31

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

2. Send BLOB to Oracle Database

3. SQL Calculation Problem

4. UPDATE Question

5. calculation problem

6. Decimals problem

7. Calculation problems

8. 10210, 10211, and 10231

9. optimizer cost calculation problem

10. SQL date calculation problem

11. Simple Calculation Problem

12. Quick Report (v1) Calculation Problem in D2

13. VB Calculation problem