network error 10048

Post by gudd.. » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:09:23

I have created a new folder which contains files cloned from the
present database files(Its populated later).the new folder is saved in
file maker server folder.Now on the client side, when i click open and
then hosts,i cant see any file from the new folder. (The new folder
has one multi user and the rest of the files are multi user hidden).
further more, when i try opening the file from the server, it gives me
the follwing error: "File MAker cannot host a file because of a
network error. FIle marked as multi user will not be available over
the network (10048)"...

OS: Windows XP
File Maker Pro 6.0
File Maker Server 5.

KUnal

network error 10048

Post by John Weinshe » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 11:40:44

Can you connect to the old folder/files? In other words, can you verify that
the network hardware is, in fact, functioning properly, and that FMS is
functioning as well? If so, then it's easier to narrow the problem down to
the new files. By 'XP', do you mean Home or Pro?  I wouldn't have thought
you could host from XP Home, and even Pro, as I recall, imposes some
barriers.

--
John Weinshel
Datagrace

Quote:> I have created a new folder which contains files cloned from the
> present database files(Its populated later).the new folder is saved in
> file maker server folder.Now on the client side, when i click open and
> then hosts,i cant see any file from the new folder. (The new folder
> has one multi user and the rest of the files are multi user hidden).
> further more, when i try opening the file from the server, it gives me
> the follwing error: "File MAker cannot host a file because of a
> network error. FIle marked as multi user will not be available over
> the network (10048)"...

> OS: Windows XP
> File Maker Pro 6.0
> File Maker Server 5.

> KUnal

1. OS error 10048

Tech Support does not have an answer for this.  Actually, this is
"operating system error 10048" and it appears only on some client
workstations when starting Net 1.2  for W9x using WINTCP.  It's running
against a OI 2.0 server.  Microsoft's documentation says it's some kind
of socket address conflict, which could be an IP address conflict on our
LAN,  but I don't think so because we're having no problems with DHCP
and no other address conflict issues.

Has anyone had to deal with this one?

    Ken Hewitt, MIS Manager
    Nexus Custom Electronics, Brandon, VT

2. Bound DBGrid - how to cancel updates?

3. error 10048

4. Oracle EM and OSS on UNIX

5. : [DBMSSOCN]General network error. Check your network documentation

6. Linking OCI

7. General network error. Check your network documentation

8. Invalid field descriptor error converting DB to DBF using batchmove component

9. DBMSSOCN General Network Error check your network documentation????

10. Network initialization failed - Operating system network error

11. ERROR: -25574: Network driver cannot open the network.

12. SQL Connect error (General Network Error)

13. Error 80004005 "General network error"